Recovering from cramps

pbrizzolari

I have to agree that magnesium deficiency is highly unlikely unless you have some special heath condition. For the normal everyday joe the cure for cramps is more training. There is no silver bullet.

The only real answer is to train more (not only volume' date=' but intensity as wel)
[/quote']

Agree 100%. Train the distance and intensity you intend to race and you won't get cramps. You can't substitute the one for the other.

Hi Guys,

I agree that training more and harder is the ultimate answer, I am gearing up my training to higher levels as I only started cycling july 2009. What I was looking for is more of an interim and coping solution for when cramping does occur.

The idea is more to be able to push myself to the limit but still cope if I do get cramps. I'm not a very patient person so no matter how much training I get in I am still likely to push my limits in a race environment.

;)

I found that SLOWMAG works for the stiffness afterwards, but have tried it during an event.

I just Voltaren, works for me!