Good deal for R14 500?

Purnjap

Help me please - can get a few-month's old Silverback Surplus 2 for

R14 500 (bicycling magazine says they cost around R25 000 new), do we agree its a good deal? Think I can do better for the money?

Sounds like a good deal to me but why not phone around and price it at a few shops. Often the magazine prices are inflated and aren't a true reflection of it's cost?

just make sure the same groupset (as in bicycling) is on this bike. Bicycling price's is for stock standard.
Ja its got XTR groupset. He added some extras like GEAX white wall tyres , whatever those are...

I will do te following:

1) Go to a bike shop that stock Silverback and make sure about your bike size, price etc.

2) If you like what you see, get hold of the guy and go ahead

I did get a price list from a distributor and R25k seems to be accurate. Plus the guy is high up in SA cycling, so guess I can trust him. I guess I must just do it (if it is the right size), thnx as always for your feedback guys. The hub is a great place!

My oom en tannie both got Silverback surplus 2 last year.

They cost about R25000 and come with XT groupset and XTR rd.

Really nice bikes and the price is good. I've seen a surplus 2 go for about R18000 on the hub i think