Polar watch and distance

Adler

Hey... I have had a s720i for 2 years now and I am still unable to view the trip distance of my ride as I am riding smiley19.gif I can only view the total distance when I have exited my exercise... Any one know how to be able to view the distance when you are riding?

20100404_035122_polar_s625x_sid.jpg

Before the ride, you need to reset the trip. To do this, start watch and ensure trip is showing at top. Hold TOP LEFT button until the distance flashes, then press TOP RIGHT button. This will zero the distance for the current ride.

Thanks a million gorgonzola smiley32.gif

Next question does any one know how to download your exercisers??

Gorgonzola's advice is a bit off. (Cheese-related pun there.)

The 'Dis' is re-set after every exercise automatically. The trip ('Tri') runs as an odometer unless reset.

To download exercises you need the Polar software on your PC and unless your PC has an IR port you will need a USB IR adapter. Generic versions of these run to between R70 and R200 or you can buy the Polar one for about R500,000 (slight exaggeration but Polar charge like wounded bulls).

Download, plug in the IR adapter and switch it on via the Polar software, then press bottom right button on the HRM and you should see 'CONNECT' displayed on the HRM. Point the IR port on the top of the HRM at the IR adapter/IR port on your PC and take it from there.

For more detail, RTFM.

James

James