Ashima Airotor (review in progress ...)

RossW

Cool keep me posted.

Silly Mechanic that put a washer in there in the 1st place. Only reason to do that is for a Hope 165mm rotor.

Get some sintered pads soon bro...these are going to spit those organics out like yesterday.

Nice review, thanks for posting it!

Yea, I will have to get sintered. But having laid out quite a lot of cash on Hope Hoops, Gobi and Candy SL's I'll let these get eaten and then get new pads. Will be interesting to see how the sintered perform in comparison to the soon to be killed resin pads...

Nice review' date=' thanks for posting it!

Yea, I will have to get sintered. But having laid out quite a lot of cash on Hope Hoops, Gobi and Candy SL's I'll let these get eaten and then get new pads. Will be interesting to see how the sintered perform in comparison to the soon to be killed resin pads...[/quote']

Sintered will modulate less and make more noise from what I hear, also a gram or two heavier ? But the longevity is better, the organics in my R1's are really showing some wear, only got them end last year.  But I'll keep running them with the formula rotors, work well that way. 

Maybe then the best is the semi-metal ... I believe it is sort of best of both worlds.

Ashima make pads as well 'sos' with a dual compound organic and sintered mixes, maybe try those with  their rotors  

• 2 months later...

Been using the discs for about 3 months now and am very happy with them! On some decents the heat generated is insane (nice smell) but the stopping power does not decrease significantly. I did at one stage though feel that I wasn't going to stop in time but in the end not a big worry as things worked out.

In a nutshell, if you want "cheap" and light rotors, these should be high on your list. They have eaten my organics at a frightening rate an about to get a semi-metallic replacement pair so things should be better with regard to wear rate.

If you are running Shimano, there should not be any washers between the caliper and fork. Postmount forks with a 160mm setup doesnt use washers, unless you are running Avid.