Recall of Thule Domestique Bicycle Carrier, Model 513

TCTG

Consumer Safety Recall Notice

June 2010

CONSUMER SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Recall of Thule Domestique Bicycle Carrier, Model 513

Dear Thule Domestique Bicycle Carrier Owner:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

In voluntary cooperation with federal authorities, Thule, Inc. is recalling our Domestique Bicycle Carriers, Model 513, sold between April and May 2010. Thule has determined that a defect exists which may impact motor vehicle safety. Thule requests that you stop using this rack immediately.

During installation or use of the Domestique Bicycle Carrier, the rear fork head boss (area inside hole where bolt is placed - see diagram) may fail. If the rear fork head boss fails, the fork head may become loose resulting in the instability of the front end of the Domestique bicycle carrier and any attached bicycle. This instability may cause both the Domestique Bicycle Carrier and attached bicycle to break free and/or separate from the vehicle.

In order to remedy this situation please call the Thule consumer service toll-free at 1-800-238-2388. Thule will provide you, at no charge, with either a Domestique Recall Kit (#7521157001) which includes replacement fork head, tool and instructions to replace the head or a new Domestique Bicycle Carrier with fixed fork head.

Thule has sufficient Domestique Recall Kits and replacement Domestique Bicycle Carriers available to satisfy the

requirements of this recall. You can also visit www.thule.com for more information. If you have incurred any cost for remedies in advance of this notification please contact the toll free number listed above for reimbursement. Reasonable supporting documentation will be requested.

This notice is being sent to you to correct the identified problem and provide the superior quality reflected in the Thule brand products we are privileged to provide. If we fail to or are unable to remedy the defect at no charge, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave, SE, Washington, DC 20590 or call the toll free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 888-327-4236 (TTY: 1–800–424–9153); or go to www.safercar.gov.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We value you as a committed Thule customer and want to maintain your confidence in and support of our entire line of car rack systems.

Sincerely,

Noel Roberts

Director of Quality

Thule, Inc.

Download the Domestique Recall Kit Instructions