POST OFFICE COST

shawn

Hi Hubbers,

I ordered a pair of skins bib shorts for my wife from CRC, they cost R850 ,however when i went to the post office to collect they want to charge me R 726, does this sound right ?

How much did the shipping cost? If it was around R120 then R726 charges sounds about right. Otherwise, the amount should be closer to R600.

Read this thread for more details:

Import duties

What does the customs manifesto say? Clothing carries 40% duty, plus 15.4% VAT (14% on 110% of the price = 15.4%), plus R25 "handling fee". Shipping is not included in what you pay at the PO.

Urgghhhh this is gotta hurt - apparently those bibs were not so cheap after all. Think if it were me I would just write off the cash and book the mistake to experience or lack thereof.

What does the customs manifesto say? Clothing carries 40% duty, plus 15.4% VAT (14% on 110% of the price = 15.4%), plus R25 "handling fee". Shipping is not included in what you pay at the PO.

Clothing's now gone up to 45% :( and you still have to pay VAT on the shipping.