Eating before training Weekdays and Saturdays

I've bee on the saddle for about 7 months now. During the week I do a 1 Hour ride 4 times a week. on weekends I do a 2-3 hour ride.

How long before cycling does one eat and how much???

what would be a good breakfast for a saturday/sunday morning and what would be a good snack before the afternoon ride?

any help :unsure:

I dont eat for any ride under 2 hours. then use a recovry drink afterwards and breakfast one hour later.

On weekends I also do 3-4 hours. I start on an empty tank and then take a bar with me to eat after 2 hours. that takes me through with my carb drinks to sustain.

for races though I eat a light breakfast - meusli or nutbutt toast, then a banana closer to the venue.

If you feel like you do need something then make a smoothie, or have a small bowel of porridge, dont eat to much, otherwise you'll be throwing up. Try eat properly the night before you ride especially for a longer weekend ride;) So eat about at least an hour before u ride as well

I get steers on the way to jonkers :)

LOL - Classic. Also how many ciggies before a ride? I used to have at least 3 before I had done a 7am start.

about 3 coffes and 4 ciggies, snub out the last one when i clip in.

Awesome, I tried to not have one at least on the way to give me lungs at least some chance :lol: Coffee is too good to give up - Great to have before a ride a Sat ride;)

4 ciggies is a recipe for a good chunder. Eeeuw. :(

Have you ever had 4 ciggies and ridden before?:huh: Ive never chundered after doing that, Ive chundered after eating/drinking to much rather. Used to have a ciggie mid ride too, stopped the hunger pangs ;)

I dont smoke. One ciggie and I'll park a tiger in the peloton

Bwahh ha ha :lol: It was 5 weeks for me on Friday of not being a smoker :D

Congratulations - Really well done. You're over the hard part. It's going to be the best decision you'll ever make.

Congratulations - Really well done. You're over the hard part. It's going to be the best decision you'll ever make.

Hijack on

I like to think getting married to my wife was the best, this is up there though. Maybe in the top 5 ;)

Hijack off

i get steers on the way to jonkers :)

If I had to do this I will have to stop @ the spar. What do you get @ Steers? :D

Maybe i've been going wrong with the eating.

If I had to do this I will have to stop @ the spar. What do you get @ Steers? :D

Maybe i've been going wrong with the eating.

since I am doing all that hard work cycling I might as well eat anything out there while I am doing it. hopefully most of it burns off, Found that most people eat almost nothing before or during, and then they pig out afterwards which apparently is bad.

And I am only allowed to have beer if i had a decent ride... is good motivation.

Went out with some mates to Jonkers and boy oh boy this glandular fever can mess one up, its not that i feel bad, its just that I have no strength or stamina, besides the singletrack it was torture. And i skipped my steers, that might be part of why i sucked so bad today.