20 kilograms lost

Thats absolutely brilliant, I think for a female it is more difficult to shed those kilos than a male, its take me 21months to loose 47kg's and it tuff. Some days you just want to give up but then you look at the photos of how you use to look, then its all worth it.

Congrats to you and I hope you manage to shed more in the next few months

J

Good going yourself there Big J:) , should we call you Small J soon :unsure:.

Thats absolutely brilliant, I think for a female it is more difficult to shed those kilos than a male, its take me 21months to loose 47kg's and it tuff. Some days you just want to give up but then you look at the photos of how you use to look, then its all worth it.

Congrats to you and I hope you manage to shed more in the next few months

J

Woohoo, that's fabulous.

Photo's definitely do help. I've taken plenty on this journey to remind me what was and where I am. :) Luckily on the days that I do want to give up - my support base is there cheering me on. I just have to look at cheesecake and I swear it goes straight to the hips - don't even have to eat the stuff :lol:

Mich

Well done Puncture Girl. Is that why you chose that Hub Nick? Deflating are we?

Your dedication and determination will pay huge dividends. Again, well done.

If only... :lol: :lol: :lol: Let's just say I'm one of those girls who knows how to fix a tyre :D

Mich

Woohoo, that's fabulous.

Photo's definitely do help. I've taken plenty on this journey to remind me what was and where I am. :) Luckily on the days that I do want to give up - my support base is there cheering me on. I just have to look at cheesecake and I swear it goes straight to the hips - don't even have to eat the stuff :lol:

Mich

Damn you cheesecake, stop talking to me :lol:

Thats really great Michelle. Just keep going ... persistence and consistency is the key to losing and maintaining weight loss!

Well done Michelle - Hekpoort will be easy this year!!! (OK so I lied - but easier than last year!).

Good going!

Amashova for me this weekend, but I'll see you at Kyalami next week.

Cheers,

Dave.

Great PG, wish I can. The thing with weigh less it does not make provision for somebody excercising heavily, and my experience is the people running it dont really know how to deal when you ask them like if you train 90mins what should you eat in addition. how do you deal with that?

Great PG, wish I can. The thing with weigh less it does not make provision for somebody excercising heavily, and my experience is the people running it dont really know how to deal when you ask them like if you train 90mins what should you eat in addition. how do you deal with that?

That's where the 'clued-up' Group Leaders come in and they're rare - thankfully mine is fabulous (she's based in Lonehill). Ever since I started with her group I have lost every week. Some of the losses are small and some are big. She knows that I cycle and train at the gym (a lot). Even reminds me to have a pasta meal the night before I race. She's a sweetie.

Besides the days that I do yoga and pilates (my easier days) I stick to my formula as is and on the other days where I can sit on the spinning bike for an hour or more (keeping HR between 60% - 70%) and then I do kettlebells with some skipping in between, as well as heading to the Kyalami Race Track in the afternoons - I eat my adjusted formula.

Hubby doesn't want me cycling on the roads alone and in all honesty I can't blame him so the only time I get on my bike during the week is at Kyalami.

All my training is done with water except when I do races, then I use 32GI and through this have managed to drastically reduce the amount of gels I use in a race. Which I think has also made a difference.

On the days where I am exercising for 90mins or more (proper - not just spending those minutes at gym but physically working out) I split my snacks. In the mornings I have breakfast at home, drop the kids off at school and head to gym. I then snack on a fruit - workout - and then snack on a protein snack (as per formula).

I'm not complaining as in the past 9 - 10 weeks I have lost. Something is working :D

Michelle

Forgot to say that I don't eat carbs after 5pm except the night before a race where I'll have the usual carb portion with dinner. I eat all the carbs as recommended for my formula - just not after 5pm. So dinner is usually salad/veggies and a protein.

Edited by Puncture Girl

Well done Michelle - Hekpoort will be easy this year!!! (OK so I lied - but easier than last year!).

Good going!

Amashova for me this weekend, but I'll see you at Kyalami next week.

Cheers,

Dave.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thankfully I am lighter but OMW I'm still nervous as hell!! :P

But I am determined to conquer Hekpoort even if it means crawling up that darn hill, gulp, mountain.

Good luck with the Amashova.

Michelle

Edited by Puncture Girl