Hubbers forum or Cycling Shops free advertising

SCORPION

Hi hubbers

Let us get the opinion of all the hubbers. I found that some Cycling Shops put so many individual items in the for sale forum that the hubbers ads gets pushed so far back that you never seem to get hold of them. The Cycling Shops also seem to bump all their posts every day and that pushes our posts even further back. Can’t they just put multiple items in one post or get themselves a decent web page.

For Sale should be private sales only - perhaps another Commercial Vendors Sale section? but where does that leave the student freelancer reseller?

This is a forum that any person can use whether a bike shop or individual I dont see the difference in that. Get your own webpage if you want to sell something and not have it bumped away.

I have no problem seeing one or two bike shop ads in the For Sale section. But if they start flooding the Forums, then they should be blocked from posting.

Hi hubbers

Let us get the opinion of all the hubbers. I found that some Cycling Shops put so many individual items in the for sale forum that the hubbers ads gets pushed so far back that you never seem to get hold of them. The Cycling Shops also seem to bump all their posts every day and that pushes our posts even further back. Can’t they just put multiple items in one post or get themselves a decent web page.

Half the classifieds are now shops.If you call the no given then it's a shop.

Not really a bad thing as it brings down the no of scammers in the classifieds and they need to clear old stock and that means good prices.

There is no real way for Admin to check who are shops and who aren't.

I would just think that the right thing to do,will be for a shop to make a donation to the Hub for sales done through here.

I appreciate that some shops actively engage with us here on The Hub - CWC neesds to be singled out in this regard; they don't post ads but also respond to criticism and praise, and add value. I enjoy seeing the "Weekly Specials", even if my credit card doesn't.

Crown also seem to be active here. Their posts are more frequent and are largely single items. Again though, I have often found myself thinking, "Hey, I didn't realise I could get that for such a reasonable price ..."

In both cases though, they're not hiding behind a "front". They're clear as to who they are, and I think that's good. Otherwise, I'm with Punt and BeOne. It's something Admin may need to watch a bit.

Half the classifieds are now shops.If you call the no given then it's a shop.

Not really a bad thing as it brings down the no of scammers in the classifieds and they need to clear old stock and that means good prices.

There is no real way for Admin to check who are shops and who aren't.

I would just think that the right thing to do,will be for a shop to make a donation to the Hub for sales done through here.

I agree 100%. Call it a sales commission.

This is a public forum??? (last time i checked anyway..)

So there is no real way that one can block "them" from advertising... same as dumb nuts comments on one's sale item...

Public forum...

Interesting though is the fact that "they" have latched on to this brilliant forum with its huge potential of buyers...from all over SA {global marketplace??}

It is not great that our personal ads get dropped by the bike shops "bumping" but, hey shops like Solomons and CWC even Crown cycles these days pay to advertise on this site. This what keeps this site alive basically from the income of advertises. So stop complaining and if you worried about others, bump your add more then there's or go sell your goods on gumtree or go to cash converters if you really desperate to sell.