Poweragent 7 on Windows7

Ok, looks like the problem was solved only temporarily.... :( :( :(

PLEASE HELP!!!

Ever since loading Windows 7 onto my computer, I've been battling to download files from my Powertap 2.4 to the Poweragent software.

It goes like this:

- Start the program, switch powertap unit to show HOST, so there is a connection.

- Click on the download icon and the download starts.

- After a few seconds the download stops and gives me an error message: something about "IO error"

- After that the software does not find the unit again, so I need to reboot the computer to try the whole process again.

- i'm running out of memory on my unit so need to sort this out ASAP.

A few answers to some expected questions:

- YES, I've already oploaded the latest version op Poweragent, version 7.5.1.19

- YES, I've already oploaded the latest version of JAVA

Any other suggstions

Thanks

Francois

right click, Select Properties from the context menu, and click Compatibility tab, tick check box for Run in Compatibility mode; Choose Windows XP, either service pack 2 or 3, or Vista, Vista SP 2,or 3.

You sure PowerAgent software is properly compatible with Win7? Seems all your problems started when u upgraded to win 7. I presume u upgraded to win 7?

Checked the cycleops site for the software: seems it is win 7 compatible. However, if you have upgraded to win 7, and not reinstalled Power Agent, I'd say uninstall it completely, reboot. reinstall, with latest JRE and go from there.

Edited by Capricorn