Northern Farms

Prawn

Hi All

I havent been to Northern Farms in about 5 months, specially since all the incidents that happened with Hijackings.

Has anyone been there lately?... Has there security improved?....Have there been any other incidents?..

If anyone as any information Please let me know....

Thanks!!

Guest eyecandy

Ive been a few times. Just stay away from the Northern border.

Did you go recently?

I've been there the last 6 weekends, did not hear of any issues. There are some security here and there, saw one on quad bike on MTB3 trail. Seems ok these days, but always alert.

Rather go to Groenkloof in Pretoria. Exceptionally safe and offers you anything and everything a MTB could wish for.

I have been there 5 times in the last 5 weeks when it has been quiet. Cycled about 20km each time and close to perimiter fence. No problems.

Edited by chris_w_65

Used to go there on a regular basis a few years ago, that tapered down not because of security concerns but just because I started riding other areas more often.

Started riding there again recently, can honestly say I haven't felt at threat at all and have noticed a marked increase in security efforts.

Sad to have lost the one trails the heads through the small tunnel under the highway, but NF have done this with our safety at heart.

Just obey the warnings and no bike areas, everything should be hunky dory. Was there about 2 weekends ago in the afternoon evening. No issues.

Was there last weekend and intermittently over the last coupla months. Never felt threatened. Some nice new singletrack. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I havent been to Northern Farms in about 5 months, specially since all the incidents that happened with Hijackings.

Has anyone been there lately?... Has there security improved?....Have there been any other incidents?..

If anyone as any information Please let me know....

Thanks!!

No probs at NF.

besides the guy that was shot on Sunday last week, nothing much! luckily the gun got jammed and he could escape unscathed

Was there on Sunday morning last week, rode there from Broadacres

I had no issues at all! NF in the morning is 99% safe.

But I herd there was an issue there in the afternoon.

Best advice, go there when there are other cyclist there.

P.s The new single track by the river is awesome, as good as some of the stuff at Van Glaalens