"funky" waterbottles

NotSpartacus

I find that after using the usual branded/ sponsored waterbottles one gets at your LBS, mould develops inside it usually in spots where your bottle brush cant reach. does anybody know where one can buy dishwasher proof water bottles that fit your standard bottle cage?

Sies.

I find that after using the usual branded/ sponsored waterbottles one gets at your LBS, mould develops inside it usually in spots where your bottle brush cant reach. does anybody know where one can buy dishwasher proof water bottles that fit your standard bottle cage?

Sies.

Why don't you try Milton? Mix 12ml with 1lt of water (Check mixing instructions on the bottle), pour into your bottle and leave it to stand overnight. Should all be gone by the following morning and it doesn't leave a k@k taste like Jik... :thumbup: If it's good enough for my baby's bottles, it must be good enough for me!!

Always store water bottles or water bladders full of water, (no air at all, not even in the hose) in the coldest part of the fridge. That way you won't get any growth and save a fortune on proprietary cleaning products. Bladders can obviously be squeezed down to a small pack, I store my 3l bladder with just 500ml of water therein. Will stay mould free for years but if you're worried refresh every month.

jik is lots cheaper than milton, dilute small bit with water, leave in bottle/camelback for a day.

does anybody know where one can buy dishwasher proof water bottles that fit your standard bottle cage?

Last years 94.7 water bottles get the dishwasher treatment at least once a week in our house with no problems so far !

I use Super Corega (stuff used to clean dentures).

Wash bottles and Camelbak thouroughly and the dropa tab in and dissolve. Let it stand for a few hours and Bob's your uncle.

Good luck. Funky bottles are nasty!!! :blink:

talking about "sies"!

how long do you leave your water bottles after use so that it gets mouldy? I just rinse them out after every ride with a bit of warm sunlight water and haven't seen mould in my bottles ever...

with hydration packs I do the same thing and hang it out to dry.

You'll be amazed how much good stuff the are in mould. Leave it like that for long enough and for your next race nutrition, just add water (and take some white gold with on the ride, just for incase).

I wash/rinse my bottles/hydration pack with hot water and air dry the bottles. Put the lid on but don't screw on tight and leave the spout open. My hydration pack has been in the fridge for the past 9 months (No MTB time, new baby takes prefferance!) and I took it out on Sunday. No problem. Gave it a rinse and good as new! I used Milton as it was reccomended by my LBS when I went to but one of those Camelbak tablets. You can but a whole bottle of Milton for the price of one tablet!

Edited by Grebel