Tubby repair

kocourek

During a race today, I failed to spot some glass on the road and heard the dreaded PSSSSSSST sound shortly there after. Tubbie is ISM. So I wonder if there is a place on SA that will replace the tube in a tubbie.

You can just patch the tube rather much less hassle than replacing the whole tube, there are not many okes around that can do it. Its quite a art. Where you situated. Sure some one could help you on the hub.

I am in PE, I do not think I know of anybody here that can replace a tube as it is full of holes. maybe I should stock up on some dental floss,take embroidery classes and who knows, on the next rainy day,fix the thing myself.

I understand your problem and I know lots of bike shop are not bothered to repair it. I use stan like MTB tubleless and it works well in small cut, but if the cut is big, throw it away.

Tough luck! Rather use cheaper tubbies tyres, so that you can afford to replace it...

It is a job for a rainy day. It isn't difficult, but it is a pain in the neck.

You cannot pay anyone enough money to do the job, so just do it yourself.

Then, for Christmas, make sure you upgrade yourself to clinchers. Tubbies are pesky anachronisms that refuse to die.