Bike Carrier for HAtch BAck

Prawn

Hi All, I Drive a Ford Focus 1.6, 2008 model. This Car has a spoiler on the back. I dont want to put a towbar.

I would like to use one of those Thule Clip-on.

If anyone is driving the Same Car and is using a Clip on, please let me know which one is the right one to get!!

Thanks!!

Edited by PowerMan

What would happen is that they will recommend you a Thule 968 strap-on, as the strips from the clip-on rack would damage the spoiler.....Dunno

I had the 9103 on my old car...didnt want to put towbar on new car...Corolla Diesel so took the strap-on and works well.

Similarly, anyone found a Thule rack that works on a Citroen C4 Coupe?

They recommended one from the States, but I haven't tried it... It might work for the Focus too.

Similarly, anyone found a Thule rack that works on a Citroen C4 Coupe?

They recommended one from the States, but I haven't tried it... It might work for the Focus too.

Which one did they recommend?

Post a photo of the spoiler. I have managed to get the 962 to work on a 1980 Golf 1 with a big spoiler and on a 2001 Renault Clio with a small spoiler.

It is a "strap-on" rack

post-18048-0-16184900-1290596494.jpg

Post a photo of the spoiler. I have managed to get the 962 to work on a 1980 Golf 1 with a big spoiler and on a 2001 Renault Clio with a small spoiler.

It is a "strap-on" rack

Doesnt the straps scratch the car?

hi I had a renault megane shake it, probably the hardest car to fit a bike carrier on.

got a Saris Bones at cyclelab, awesome product! google it and check it out.

cheers

hi I had a renault megane shake it, probably the hardest car to fit a bike carrier on.

got a Saris Bones at cyclelab, awesome product! google it and check it out.

cheers

How Much?

I just looked at the Saris Solo online now and you get one from CRC for about R600 ex delivery.

I believe the spoiler would still be a problem with the Saris if it is a problem with the Thule.

Go to a Thule shop and get them to test fit a rack on your car. That is what I did and I managed to get a rack that fits both of our cars.