MTB Shoes - Is there a difference between Mens & Womens?

Caerus

Sent the missus on a MTB skills course today - The bug has well and truly bitten now, she wants some cleated shoes now :o Was wondering if there is a differnace between Men & Womans MTB shoes?

Ive read through the various threads and the best buy seems to be the Olympic III , but all the replies saying so are from guys, so just wanted to know if they are mens specific or would they be fine for woman too? If, on the off chance they dont fit her well, what is the next best option as a starter pair of cleated shoes?

Many thanks :)

My ex and I both bought Mr. Price mtb shoes nearly 2 years ago, and we both still use them. They were R300 then I think, and they've outlasted my mates shoes and I do put in a lot of mileage. I looked at shoes at maverick and cyclelab but quite honestly I'm just going to go back to Mr.Price, they look pretty good as well. Just out of interest, where did she go for the skills course?

My ex and I both bought Mr. Price mtb shoes nearly 2 years ago, and we both still use them. They were R300 then I think, and they've outlasted my mates shoes and I do put in a lot of mileage. I looked at shoes at maverick and cyclelab but quite honestly I'm just going to go back to Mr.Price, they look pretty good as well. Just out of interest, where did she go for the skills course?

It was through Detour trails http://www.detourtrails.co.za/web/ , we went up too Holla this morning, but they do it at Giba as well, only next year for the next one. She loved it, said it was definatly worth it.

The Olympic shoes are unisex, but fit is a bit narrower. Go take a look at sportsmans warehouse as well. They have the new version (style update- functionally the same.)

Then you can also take a look at the shimano wm41 womens shoe, or at the specialized body geometry shoes for ladies.

The Olympic shoes are unisex, but fit is a bit narrower. Go take a look at sportsmans warehouse as well. They have the new version (style update- functionally the same.)

Then you can also take a look at the shimano wm41 womens shoe, or at the specialized body geometry shoes for ladies.

ok cool, thanks for the info, gonna go look today :-)

The missus is now the proud owner of pair of Olympic Typoons - She is super chuffed :) Do I put these metal studs in them? They seem pretty hectic or could I get something else to insert there? :unsure:

Edited by Caerus

The missus is now the proud owner of pair of Olympic Typoons - She is super chuffed :) Do I put these metal studs in them? They seem pretty hectic or could I get something else to insert there? :unsure:

I think they would cause her to slip when just putting her toes on the ground

I think they would cause her to slip when just putting her toes on the ground

They are full on hectic, I dont se her involved in a ruck or maul situation, or climbing Mount Everest either. Maybe just leave the screws in them.

Leave the screws in. The studs are for very muddy conditions, and for stamping on the guy obstructing the ball.

Leave the screws in. The studs are for very muddy conditions, and for stamping on the guy obstructing the ball.

I might pi$$ her off and end get the wrong end of the boot :( Eina.