Which courier company to use?

HenkL

Any advice would be appreciated on which are the best courier options to make use of to ship a mtb..

I have potential buyer for my bike, which would require shipping it from Jhb to George, so my questions:

- which are the recommended companies

- what would the approximate cost be

- do they take full responsibility for any potential damage, or is additional insurance required for this

Any other thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks

Any of the bigger couriers like Sun Couriers (now UTI), Time Freight, CDC, Berco etc, just google a few and ask for quotes.

To get a quote you will need to give the courier company the boxed length, width, height and weight, so do a quick prepack and get those measurements first.

No courier company will accept any responsibility for damages in transit - you will need to take out extra insurance with them for that eventuality, ask for it when you get a quote, obviously you will need a value.

Recently I have found a company "Big Foot Express" and they are very reasonable if the parcel is quite big, if you deliver the parcel to their depot instead of them collecting from you, its the cheapest option, so ask for "depot to door" not Door to door which is always the most expensive.

My suggestion is give Big Foot a call.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy