Saddle Physics

The_Break

Well I know a thing or two about saddles and how to set them up. I won't claim any more than a couple or more years of bikefitting and being a qualified bikefitter could lend me, but I do know that ischial width and bike posture are the two most important departure points. Then you can add in leg-length discrepancy, pelvic tilt or rotation, functional leg-length adjustment and proprioceptive response as important elements in achieving optimum saddle fit. I also know dynamic fitting is by far the best method for achieving proper saddle fit and in truth there are few saddle manufacturers out there paying proper attention to saddle design.

But love to hear what coach has to say about how to fit a saddle.

I will have to ask him to write it down for me cause it ws way too much for me to remember all.

The one thing I did remember that I found interesting was how he sets up a saddle for racing when it has a concave mid section. He was an awesome time trialist in his day and he sets up the front tip higher than the rear, the amount you would normally raise a saddle if you moved into a normall TT position. He said that is actually one of the reasons why they put this dip into the design of some saddle to allow an uptilt without interefering with your main vein when in a normal riding position. He used it in break situation in an aero position similar to what Cancellara does with the hands over the bars and moved forward. He set me up like that once and it is actually pretty effective.

The rest I cant recal enough to write down here.

Selle Italia Prolink Gel Flow on all my bikes includeding the spinner and EM a Rav X Sport WSD. Why.... Because they work

My MTB saddle:

post-858-0-78147200-1292443037.jpg

My Road saddle:

post-858-0-89784100-1292443056.jpg

My TT saddle:

post-858-0-34522900-1292443074.jpg

My SS saddle:

post-858-0-39286900-1292443090.jpg

In other words, different saddles for different requirements.

My MTB saddle:

post-858-0-78147200-1292443037.jpg

My Road saddle:

post-858-0-89784100-1292443056.jpg

My TT saddle:

post-858-0-34522900-1292443074.jpg

My SS saddle:

post-858-0-39286900-1292443090.jpg

In other words, different saddles for different requirements.

But....... is your @ss intelligent enough to know that? :lol: :lol: