cycling tours?

mtbN00b

Hey peeps.

Do anyone of you know about any good cycle tours near gauteng, freestate or northen cape?

Prefer something on mtb ...

Cool thanx - will give it a look.

Just for some more info - I am looking for something that I can basically make a holiday of, like ride a day or 2 , then relax a day somewhere and ride again. Don't know if there is tours like that?

Pick a town 80km's away, ride to the town over the course of a day, overnight there and chill out the next day, overnight second time then ride back over the 3rd day. :)

I rode with a mate, we picked a place round about 80k's away with the intention of riding there, camp, then ride back. We ended up taking a "shortcut" and getting hopelessly lost, camping in the middle of no where in the middle of a torrential rain storm (weather is forecast as clear), and then finding our way home, with nothing but really soggy rolls to eat. Was frigging awesome two days, planning another tour over a long weekend.

Currently I am planning to do something like this over a week. Just now sure where it is safe to ride. I don't just want to ride, want to enjoy nature and the bike .. And feel refreshed when I get back at home :P

• 4 months later...

Currently I am planning to do something like this over a week. Just now sure where it is safe to ride. I don't just want to ride, want to enjoy nature and the bike .. And feel refreshed when I get back at home :P

Hi mtbN00b, can you send me the details of your tour?? i love doing stuff like that and i am very interested in any new tours without having to pay crazy prices to race organizers!!thanks a lot

Do Thabazimbi to Vaalwater over the kransberg past Marakele national park, dirtroad all the way with a killer 5km climb. about 100km.

Reverse after a few days