You’ve spent a lot of your money on your bike, and it too deserves a safe ride if you’re travelling to your next race or heading off on a weekend cycling adventure. After all, you don’t want to arrive at your destination and your dream ride is damaged.
Fortunately the team at Thule has a range of bike rack options that give you a full choice of options when transporting one of your most precious possessions.
The Thule Rack For You
The roof bike rack range from Thule gives you a full choice of different mounting and loading/unloading options, with everything from fork-mounted carriers that include thru-axle options to frame or wheel mounted roof bike racks. If you already have a car roof rack, it may be a more convenient choice as you only need to add the Roof mounted bike carrier.
A towbar bike rack is a great choice if you and your friends or family want to head out on new adventures with your bikes. Finding the towbar bike rack that’s perfect for you and your car couldn’t be simpler by using the Thule Buyers Guide. First, specify the number of bikes you want to carry. Then you can choose a platform for easier loading and unloading or a tiltable carrier that swings away to give you access to the trunk of the car.
A trunk bike rack lets you and your friends or family take your bikes with you wherever you go – and still leave space for carrying gear on the roof if space is tight. Rear door mounted bike carriers don’t require a tow bar and are able to carry up to 3 bikes. Check the Thule buyers guide to find the correct carrier to fit your vehicle.
Tips For Transporting Your Bikes Safely
Jamie Owen, Thule’s marketing manager, offers these top tips to consider when you’re transporting your bike and things to to consider to ensure the best protection at all times:
- If your bikes or bike carrier line up with your exhaust then use a heat shield to avoid the bike tyres and bike rack wheel holders getting burnt whilst driving
- Make sure there is no movement between bikes on a hangon carrier – an Imbi bike protector can help here
- Use a Thule Carbon Frame adapter to ensure your carbon frame doesn’t get damaged
- Use rim protectors on the wheel straps to avoid scratching the rims
- Use a ladies frame adapter if you have an oddly shaped frame that doesn’t fit the bike carrier properly
- Always use a cable lock on hangon carriers and as an added safety measure on platform carriers
- Always fit the larger and heavier bikes closer to the vehicle with lighter bikes on the outside
- Check lights before a long trip and use a Thule lightboard if the lights and number plate are obstructed when using a hangon carrier – this will avoid getting traffic fines
- If you are using a roof mounted carrier place your garage remote in the back of the vehicle so that you need to get out the car to open the garage, this way you wont forget that the bikes are mounted to the vehicle.
You can be confident that your Thule bike rack will carry your bike safely and securely wherever you want to go and you’ll be in the saddle as quickly and easily as possible!
For more information: www.thulestore.co.za