MTB advice needed Kona Muni Mula

Willie2011

Hi Hubbers

I'm new on the Hub,what a great site!!!Looking for some help,I started out mountain biking again use to own a 1997 Kona Fire Mountain.Looking for a MTB but my budget is thin.In my search i came across three bikes that i need to make a decision on,2001 Kona Muni Mula with Deore Components R2700.00 .2006 Trek 6500 R2000.00 or 2009 Bianchi Doss 4600 R1999.00 with a R799 deore upgrade.

I'm 1,78m and the trek and the kona are both Large frames.

I would highly appreciate your input.

Got a pair of Oakley Monster Doggle's for sale.If interested i will put pic's up.Cheers

Hi Willie

I'm 1.8m tall and I'm borderline between a medium and a large. (I have a med hardtail and a large duelsus bike) I suspect that you should be looking at medium frames, but everyone is unique.

I'll also rather look at newer entry level bikes. There are good entry level Schwinns, Silverbacks etc. Second hand bikes often have maintenance issues that may sour the experience for you, unless you are technically inclined and willing to do a bit of work yourself on the bike.

Also remember to invest in a good helmet and gloves.

Hi Willie

I'm 1.8m tall and I'm borderline between a medium and a large. (I have a med hardtail and a large duelsus bike) I suspect that you should be looking at medium frames, but everyone is unique.

I'll also rather look at newer entry level bikes. There are good entry level Schwinns, Silverbacks etc. Second hand bikes often have maintenance issues that may sour the experience for you, unless you are technically inclined and willing to do a bit of work yourself on the bike.

Also remember to invest in a good helmet and gloves.

Thanks Morewood

I took a trek frame 19.5 inch(large) witch the guy said there should be 4 fingers between you and the frame, witch it almost was.I guess a medium frame would fit me better,but would've thought to buy a good frame(Kona Maybe) and upgrade my components later.The Bianchi is a brand new bike at solomons?I don't have issues working on a used bike myself.Just don't want to miss out on a good deal.