crash in F group at Argus

udxcob

Was anyone here in the crash in F group, just before chappies (right after the waterpoint) I just clipped the guy who was spinning on the floor but as I carried on I just heard mayhem behind me

It started about 3m in front and 1m to my left, looked and sounded awful! was also a seemingly unnecesary place for a crash!

Damn glad I missed the ride then (due to illness)- with my luck I would have gone down as well :thumbup:

Edited by Reg Lizard

It was a mass pile-up.

Bikes and bodies in many places.

With the shrieks of brakes and the inevitable booms and bangs as many riders couldn't stop in time.

Phew!

I'm still waiting for an answer from any of the front guys in F&G , as to why it happened......and the answer is...it's racing, sh!t happens.

Like I said in the G group thread......I was 5 or 6 rows back , saw the front middle left riders go down for no apparent reason , heard the brakes , managed to miss the pile up but guys behind rammed into me and down I went. Broken hand and gashes with major road rash later, cant wait to get back on the bike. indoor spinnning for 2-3 weeks is gonna make me crazy :D

I thank my lucky stomach bug I started in H, as to ride slow with a friend from JHB. YEAH RIGHT we klapped a 3.02.47, with some discussion about time as my Polar died ON THE LINE>>>>>>! His clock read 3.02.47sec.....BUT his clock also read 36kmh ave.....does not a 34kmh give you a sub 3.....now we wait to see.

I must thank ALL the guy's that contributed to the hard work up front. I seem to have ridden with most of the F group anyway.

Now we build for next season.

I'm still waiting for an answer from any of the front guys in F&G , as to why it happened......and the answer is...it's racing, sh!t happens.

Like I said in the G group thread......I was 5 or 6 rows back , saw the front middle left riders go down for no apparent reason , heard the brakes , managed to miss the pile up but guys behind rammed into me and down I went. Broken hand and gashes with major road rash later, cant wait to get back on the bike. indoor spinnning for 2-3 weeks is gonna make me crazy :D

Sorry to hear about your crash Headhunter. Is the SL3 okay?

Er, uhm, gonna make you crazier, big guy?! :w00t: :devil:

Laaik you said, that is the nature of racing.

In F bunch at the front, 7 mins or so in up the Boulevard, this guy collapses next to me and takes down a few riders drafting him.

Prob 27 km/h, no sidewind, his front wheel clear of any other wheels, clear visibility, straight line and KABOOM CLANG DOEF DOEF OUCH!!

K T, recover well!!!

Edited by AirBender

Was in G group. Was about 5 metres back when it happened. Stack of guys went down on the left, then 2sec later 2 more went down just in front of me. Glad I was riding with disc brakes!! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your crash Headhunter. Is the SL3 okay?

Ja ja ja dude your SL3 frame is ok :D :D ;) .... it's insured all risks :D

Minor component damage really...gonna take it in for quotes on new hoods, bars, saddle, SRAM Red brake/gear levers (left side grated down), both QR's grated away (KCNC's) etc etc....don't have to pay access, so going to see what they can do.

Er, uhm, gonna make you crazier, big guy?! :w00t: :devil:

Laaik you said, that is the nature of racing.

In F bunch at the front, 7 mins or so in up the Boulevard, this guy collapses next to me and takes down a few riders drafting him.

Prob 27 km/h, no sidewind, his front wheel clear of any other wheels, clear visibility, straight line and KABOOM CLANG DOEF DOEF OUCH!!

K T, recover well!!!

Thanks for the compliment :D and get well wishes too !

My friend and I luckily broke away from the group just before chappies! Else I would have probably gone down as well but didn't even know that that happened until now..