Vori-Berg MTB Series 2011

Team SL

To all members of this forum, we need your help and suggestions to be able to take this event of ours to a new level.

We started out last year June and attracted 100 riders, the last two races attracted a field of 250 riders. Have a look at www.waterpoint.co.za for photo's etc of the event

Our route offers everthing a MTB rider will want in terms of terrain etc.

Feedback is allways possitive, food court is enjoyed by all especially the SAB part.

Easy access and parking is available.

Your suggestions will help us improve our offering to you the rider.

Thanks

Clive

Race Organizer

Keep:

The great number of marshalls everywhere where they could possibly be needed.

The unexpected water point on top of the big climb.

Your pink organiser shirts.

The cold ones at the finish.

The route. It is just right.

All the friendly faces that makes everyone comfortable and relaxed.

You attention to detail. Spot on!

Add:

A hosepipe / shower to get rid of the worst dirt before heading home.

Some markers en-route to the venue.

Hope you get that elusive sponsor soon, you deserve one.

Keep:

The great number of marshalls everywhere where they could possibly be needed.

The unexpected water point on top of the big climb.

Your pink organiser shirts.

The cold ones at the finish.

The route. It is just right.

All the friendly faces that makes everyone comfortable and relaxed.

You attention to detail. Spot on!

Add:

A hosepipe / shower to get rid of the worst dirt before heading home.

Some markers en-route to the venue.

Hope you get that elusive sponsor soon, you deserve one.

Thanks for the reply, the shower is available and the hose is not a problem.

Was also thinking about putting up some info boards to the venue.

Guy's and Gal's.

Only one reply <_<

Even if you have not entered a race here at Vori-Berg i still would like to hear what you would expect form a race when you enter for it.

The replys will be used to measure ourselves against other events so that we can improve our offering as mentioned

What about an overall standing of all the events combined, with prices for the top 3 at the end of the series.......... and maybe a t-shirt for all who competed in more than 50% of the season events?

So I did the first 5 k's of this race last weekend... And now I own brand new UST tires! ha ha

I really dont think the actual race is missing anything. Route well demarcated and the facilities are 100%

I think it goes more around marketing. The first place I would look to make changes would be the "mud pit" style picture everyone sees on the cyclelab page! It creates the wrong impression of what the ride is really like. Maybe give a better idea of what the terrain is like on the route as this is a major draw point for me!

And can you not get a couple of cycle shops on board? Maybe not from a sponsor point of view but rather for raising awareness, handing out some flyers etc?

Personally I like the smaller fields! You dont have to fight to get a spot on the single track...

Best of luck. We'll see you for round 4:-)

So I did the first 5 k's of this race last weekend... And now I own brand new UST tires! ha ha

I really dont think the actual race is missing anything. Route well demarcated and the facilities are 100%

I think it goes more around marketing. The first place I would look to make changes would be the "mud pit" style picture everyone sees on the cyclelab page! It creates the wrong impression of what the ride is really like. Maybe give a better idea of what the terrain is like on the route as this is a major draw point for me!

And can you not get a couple of cycle shops on board? Maybe not from a sponsor point of view but rather for raising awareness, handing out some flyers etc?

Personally I like the smaller fields! You dont have to fight to get a spot on the single track...

Best of luck. We'll see you for round 4:-)

Thanks busy working on the suggestions

We have looked at the suggestions and will be implementing the following.

1) Shower facility will be available.

2) Hose to wash yourself with will be available

3) The mud pit logo to be replaced with post-377-0-72806900-1300433218.jpg

4) Busy sorting out posters A3 size for cycle shops

Any further ideas will be welcomed

Thanks

Clive

What about an overall standing of all the events combined, with prices for the top 3 at the end of the series.......... and maybe a t-shirt for all who competed in more than 50% of the season events?

This is also possible but i would appreciate it if you could mail me at clivedhardy@gmail.com with your idea as to how this will work, Points, overall time of each rider?

Thanks

Clive

This is also possible but i would appreciate it if you could mail me at clivedhardy@gmail.com with your idea as to how this will work, Points, overall time of each rider?

Thanks

Clive

Have heard only good things about Voriberg, and have had the bikes on the car twice now to come out and do it, but goeters came up (like flu and kiddies parties). But I'll get there, and I'll bring some buddies too...Byt vas, this sounds like a race we need to protect and grow!

• 3 months later...

Vori-Berg results available on www.saseeding.co.za

Please note : Results from this series will count towards your SAS Seeding Profile. Please ensure that you enter with the correct ID number.