Scott spark 40 vs Merida 96 3000alu vs Giant Anthem x2 vs Silverback mercur 1 ??

Hospitalians

I am looking to buy a new bike max budget is 22k and was looking at the following bikes any advice or suggestions?

Mercury 1 sorry.

Also options on building up a bike from frame? Or what will be better.

Edited by Hospitalians

I am looking to buy a new bike max budget is 22k and was looking at the following bikes any advice or suggestions?

Mercury 1 sorry.

i am new to the mtb sene but got a spark last week , very nice bike :D

Well what type of riding do you do?

Race? Free ride? XC?

Where do you ride?

We need details...

How much do you weigh... etc... height...

They are all in in their own special ways...

Race? Free ride? XC?

Where do you ride?

We need details...

+1

Race? Free ride? XC?

Where do you ride?

We need details...

I will be doing mostly XC and racing i am bit on the heavy side 90kg ex rugby player and is about 1.75 tall.

My choice would be the Anthem X2. See if you can take a bike for a test ride and decide which one suits you best.

I'll also go with the Anthem X2. I had the chance to do a quick round the block on an Trance X2 (5inch travel) and the suspension feels amazing. Not much riding on it to really comment I know, but just giving my 2c. I'm getting my Trance X4 soon after quite a lot of research, reading forums, asking questions, visiting bike shops etc..and that Maestro suspension (well the X2's) def stuck on me. Will be upgrading my fork and rear can over time to bring it up on par with the X2. Def go visit some bike shops and get on these bikes.

I'll also go with the Anthem X2. I had the chance to do a quick round the block on an Trance X2 (5inch travel) and the suspension feels amazing. Not much riding on it to really comment I know, but just giving my 2c. I'm getting my Trance X4 soon after quite a lot of research, reading forums, asking questions, visiting bike shops etc..and that Maestro suspension (well the X2's) def stuck on me. Will be upgrading my fork and rear can over time to bring it up on par with the X2. Def go visit some bike shops and get on these bikes.

There was a 2010 Anthem X4 for sale at a LBS near me (don't know if it still is) at a discounted price. I'm torn between getting that or Trance X4 / X3.

Don't think either would be a bad choice. If the Anthem is sold then the Trance is on the top of my list. Now whether or not to buy the X4 and upgrade or to

just go for the X3 straight away.... (11k vs 17k, but the upgrades may work out more expensive in the end)

There was a 2010 Anthem X4 for sale at a LBS near me (don't know if it still is) at a discounted price. I'm torn between getting that or Trance X4 / X3.

Don't think either would be a bad choice. If the Anthem is sold then the Trance is on the top of my list. Now whether or not to buy the X4 and upgrade or to

just go for the X3 straight away.... (11k vs 17k, but the upgrades may work out more expensive in the end)

Yeah,i reckon you'll def need to updgrade when getting the Trance X4..just the fork and rear shock at least.and that is prob the most costly components on the bike.Im going that route because i do not have R20k in hand to spend on a bike and i can save up for it in the next 4-6months - but that means Im at home missing out on all the sessions my friends are having meanwhile. So eventually i'll end up with a R20k bike after upgrades. In your case if you do have the +- R20k, i'll say go with the Trance X2. I also thought perhaps i should go for the Trance X3, but the X3 and X2 are so close price wise that its a no brainer to go straight for the X2. If you shop around a bit you can find the X2 for +- R19000 i'll say. Most shops give you around 5% discount. What is the price on the Scott? Also seems like a pretty good bike.

Mercury 1 sorry.

Hi i have a merida 96 now alu. my last bike was the scott spark but carbon. Both are great bikes. the merida has a pretty aggresive design for xc but they are nice. The scott is also very good. The three settings are a plus which i think ius 80mm,110mm and lock out. If you use these it really works well but you will need to use them to justify having it.

So go with scott. It is nice having the didfferent suspension travel options.

I also bought a Spark 40 on advise from other hubers, and what a nice ride! :clap:

I got mine with derialeur and shifters upgraded to XT and a few extras for R19 500.

Go merida you would not look back better brakes standard than the spark,I know this because I ride with a spark owner everyday so I talk with experience on my side