Bike mugged at Stellenbosch

5Seats

i know it's a bit of an effort,but could you post your incident up at Turn It Around?

NB: if u have problems registering, please check on the site of the live support. they will fix it snappy like.

Oh well, there go my Sunday breakfasts at Java, I guess. Am I right in saying you saved your bike, 5Seats? And at least you got away without injury. Isn't there a saying, something like "all that evil needs is for good men to stand by and do nothing"? Problem is, those few thugs can ruin the spirit and enjoyment of hundreds of people.

the City CC club rode down to St'bosch via Botelary and returned via Bev Hills and Kromme Rhee. i didn't ride but i sent them off with the warning that they must ride as a group past Kayamandi becos it is a mugging hotspot. i still said "they are waiting for you" don't take a chance.

the group left at 7.00am from Edgemead and must of been riding past that area at the about 8.30am.

it is so important to ride in a group - we even allow other club's members to ride with us (and in their kit). i would rather have cyclists safe than sorry.

Edited by ccc2