CRC sent the wrong fork!

RossW

I had a similar issue a while back with an incorrect order that was sent to me. I got a pair of Campy shifters, cables and cassette in stead of a GoPro camera, race face blades and some other mtb goodies that I ordered.

I mailed them and asked what I was to do. I had to return the parcel at my own cost and they would then ship the correct goods.

I asked about the VAT and import duties and they said that they will mark the parcel replacement goods.

After a 6 week wait from sending the incorrect parcel back, I enquired about my parcel. They said that it was sent with the cheap courrier option, so no tracking number, but then said that they will send a replacement parcel with Parcelforce.

In the meantime some items went out of stock, so I substituted some of the order.

2 days later I get a parcel from CRC. It was my original parcel and I was forced to pay import duties and VAT again. I needed the camera to take footage for a race orginiser, so didn't argue about it.

I came back from the race and got another CRC parcel. The second parcel came through and I asked CRC how they would like to handle the matter.

They could reimburse me for all my postage and the additional import duties and VAT paid on the shipments and I would return the second parcel to them or I would keep the second parcel and forget about the whole thing. 2 months later I have not heard anything from them, so I will soon be selling off excess items in the second parcel to cover my costs.

I will think twice before using CRC again.

Gees, now I'm sucking air at both ends! Nipping big time.

I will accept to write VAT etc off as a bad experience - just want my postage refunded and the value of the fork.

Expensive lesson being learned.

Why not just buy local next time and get all the support you need!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

With CWC and Buycycle around I think I made the wrong move and am paying for it now.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

With CWC and Buycycle around I think I made the wrong move and am paying for it now.

Don't stress, sometimes it goes pear shaped but mostly getting from overseas is hassle-free. The percentages must be heavily in favour of good experiences I would think.

I had a similar issue a while back with an incorrect order that was sent to me. I got a pair of Campy shifters, cables and cassette in stead of a GoPro camera, race face blades and some other mtb goodies that I ordered.

I mailed them and asked what I was to do. I had to return the parcel at my own cost and they would then ship the correct goods.

I asked about the VAT and import duties and they said that they will mark the parcel replacement goods.

After a 6 week wait from sending the incorrect parcel back, I enquired about my parcel. They said that it was sent with the cheap courrier option, so no tracking number, but then said that they will send a replacement parcel with Parcelforce.

In the meantime some items went out of stock, so I substituted some of the order.

2 days later I get a parcel from CRC. It was my original parcel and I was forced to pay import duties and VAT again. I needed the camera to take footage for a race orginiser, so didn't argue about it.

I came back from the race and got another CRC parcel. The second parcel came through and I asked CRC how they would like to handle the matter.

They could reimburse me for all my postage and the additional import duties and VAT paid on the shipments and I would return the second parcel to them or I would keep the second parcel and forget about the whole thing. 2 months later I have not heard anything from them, so I will soon be selling off excess items in the second parcel to cover my costs.

I will think twice before using CRC again.

So, If I'm corrcet here...YOU scored from this deal (i.e 2 x parcels)

I do not think CRC is bothered too much...they are a multi million dollar bussiness so your couple of rands bother in YOUR favour doesn't really bother them much! From all the Hub experiences thus far - most guys get the benefit - CRC doen's mind loosing /refunding / even telling cutomers to keep their stuff!!

So, I'm still in favour of CRC...although My eyes first goes to CWC website to check their stock & pricing...

Edited by Cassie