Moving in the other direction

Big Til

snip snip

Stonehaven sunday lunches - how could i forget

vaal river :clap: PS any of the guys that do triathlons will beable to vouch for the quality of the water Did a sasol one there not too long ago...water was perfect

And the basslake like Charl said...legend place.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meyerton? It'll be like home! Isn't it in Midvaal? Run by the party of Saint Helen of Cape Town?

Having said that I hope all you lot will be out voting on the 18th of May :thumbup:

Edited by jmaccelari

vaal river :clap: PS any of the guys that do triathlons will beable to vouch for the quality of the water

I have a place on the river, I waterski most weekends and have never had a problem :thumbup: - except after the big rains in January when I would have had to dodge the thatch roofs coming down....... :thumbdown:

Good place to be.

• 2 months later...

So while it seems that everyone is always asking about moving to CT, i've decided to make the move northwards to JHB. Ill be working around the Meyerton area and was wondering if anyone has some input as to which suburbs will be ok to rent a place in for the first year or so.

I was considering living in either alberton / glenvista. Or perhaps living more south in Vanderbijlpark as i also enjoy the odd paddle on the river. Does anyone know what Emfuleni golf estate is like? And most importantly, are there any trails around????

Thanks guys.

Speaking of old threads ,hows Big Till doing after moving to Papgooiers valley ? any one know ?dry.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Howzit Charl.

Im doing all right hey, final decision was to move to Meyersdal, which seems slightly less papgooierig. Havent had much time for riding up here, been to Rietvlei this morning and Groenkloof once and did the 40km at the Walkerville race. They should put more oxygen in the air up here.

Ill try and step up the training as from this weekend, but dont have much time during the week because of work, will have to get my ass on the trainer during the week, but its helluva boring.

Cheers

So while it seems that everyone is always asking about moving to CT, i've decided to make the move northwards to JHB. Ill be working around the Meyerton area and was wondering if anyone has some input as to which suburbs will be ok to rent a place in for the first year or so.

I was considering living in either alberton / glenvista. Or perhaps living more south in Vanderbijlpark as i also enjoy the odd paddle on the river. Does anyone know what Emfuleni golf estate is like? And most importantly, are there any trails around????

Thanks guys.

Hi there just seen your post re: moving - we are around 15kms from Meyerton on the R82 on a smallholding and we are looking for a tenant for our cottage. The cottage is a large one bedroom dwelling. I cycle, road and mtb and our one cycle buddy is a paddler and they paddle the Klip and other rivers. We have Ohenimuri golf course and various others around IF you are a golfer. I am a member of the Circus cycle club - down the road from home. Cycling in the area is great - much less traffic than around the north and Suikerbosrand is on our doorstep. See cottage pics - 082 785 3322 / 083 616 9079

post-1922-0-73390400-1312127522.jpg

post-1922-0-62809500-1312127556.jpg

post-1922-0-02145400-1312127614.jpg

post-1922-0-91273200-1312127651.jpg