New one

Evilredzombie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my buddy sugested a GT 3.) for 4300 at linden cycles ?

Seriously, GT 1 or 2. 1 is a bit more than you were hoping for, but well worth it. The spec's on the GT1/2 is well worth the extra bucks in excess of 4300.

My advice is for you to look at Silverback - bang for your buck - serious value for money and just as good as any other in the range. You are clearly not concerned with buying a Silverback for the components and building it over to a Niner.

Seriously, GT 1 or 2. 1 is a bit more than you were hoping for, but well worth it. The spec's on the GT1/2 is well worth the extra bucks in excess of 4300.

My advice is for you to look at Silverback - bang for your buck - serious value for money and just as good as any other in the range. You are clearly not concerned with buying a Silverback for the components and building it over to a Niner.

Is that a question or advice?

Edited by Caerus

Dude at rand show says 4700 for a gt 3.0 new...?

Paid R4500 for my wifes GT Avalanche.

answers to the first two questions

buy a steel frame with a decent shock (nothing less than a tora 302- there is a debate about air vs springs). Steel is compliant enough to resolve the HT vs Dual sus debate. MAny steel frames give similar "travel" as a rear shock. On-one, GT and a number of niche manufacturers make good steel frames (titanium is an alternative as well).

Just a correction, the only steel frames youll get is either on a 1972 raleigh or a titanium bike :P I know you meant an ALU frame im just taking the piss out of ya.:lol:

thanks guys... well depending on how things go this will become a time eater...as far as time on forum go, i am a forum addict, ......

presume 26 amd 29 is the bke ince? im 186 and weigh 88

as for all that other specs they went right over my head... where can i read up on what is what?

my buddy sugested a GT 3.) for 4300 at linden cycles ?

http://www.thehubsa....__fromsearch__1

Zombie my boy the shortcut/linl above refers to different quality components ranging from entry level to really hard core stuff ,use the info as you see fit when bombarding the LBS with your questions.:thumbup:

Thanks guys! Learned a hell of a lot sofar...

It will be some time until you realise what you have actually just done / learnt - was then pun intended?

Here is a clue, try sell a bike on the hub and you will get where i am at....

Just a correction, the only steel frames youll get is either on a 1972 raleigh or a titanium bike :P I know you meant an ALU frame im just taking the piss out of ya.:lol:

no, I mean steel. There are some very good niche brands out there, like on-one, GT, cotic, singular and rocky mountain that make steel frames. For a HT alu is too frigid and gives a dead but hard ride. Steel is just better on a HT.

So im deciding between

Merida100matts tfs 4700

Silverback saturn. 4999

Gt3.0 4500

These are from linden cycles and i wana go buy tomorrow

What u guys recon?

Oh and what accessories is a must for now?

no, I mean steel. There are some very good niche brands out there, like on-one, GT, cotic, singular and rocky mountain that make steel frames. For a HT alu is too frigid and gives a dead but hard ride. Steel is just better on a HT.

Not even going to comment on steel frames if not titanium. Theres a multitude of reasons why steel is no longer the metal of choice on frames.

So im deciding between

Merida100matts tfs 4700

Silverback saturn. 4999

Gt3.0 4500

These are from linden cycles and i wana go buy tomorrow

What u guys recon?

Oh and what accessories is a must for now?

Jot the various specs down mate then we dont have to research it to give you some adivice, All three those brands make nice bikes with SB normally having the highest spec. And make sure you dont get anything with mechanical discs they are horrid