BikeJacking in Irene, please be on the look-out

mtbbiker

Hi

There was again a Bikejacking in Irene, This was in the main dirt road from Pinedene past the cement factory. The bastards took 2 brand new 29'er Elsworth's (Blue and Grey) and a Titanium Airborne Lancaster. Please be on the Look-out for these.

what time was this. they tried there luck with us (cyclelab group ride) on the same road yesterday, but five of them with pangas and sticks ran away when they saw we were a group of about twenty. Went to hide in the trees close to the river there. We called 10111 but they didnt know where Irene was. I did alert eblockwatch though.

what time was this. they tried there luck with us (cyclelab group ride) on the same road yesterday, but five of them with pangas and sticks ran away when they saw we were a group of about twenty. Went to hide in the trees close to the river there. We called 10111 but they didnt know where Irene was. I did alert eblockwatch though.

Its sickening to have to read this, it's just getting worse & worse.

Hi

There was again a Bikejacking in Irene, This was in the main dirt road from Pinedene past the cement factory. The bastards took 2 brand new 29'er Elsworth's (Blue and Grey) and a Titanium Airborne Lancaster. Please be on the Look-out for these.

A remote controlled spring loaded saddle spike device should be a good invention.....

Sorry to hear,hope all the cyclists are ok. :(

Tx, everybody OK, this is sickening! to say the least! This must have happened after the Cyclelab group passed. What makes me the Moer in is that these Ninjas didn't run away and just waited for a smaller group - Just shows how they know we are easy targets! Just one of them needs to be caught - they will rat out their mates - I am going to patrol this area randomly on my Off-road bike

Disturbing

Is there a way to put a interactive map up where all these hijackings can be logged. There must be a trend for certain areas at certain times.

We can also log accidents to follow trends in high risk areas.

Are we going to be having to do rides with security following us on dirt bikes ! :(

Disturbing

Is there a way to put a interactive map up where all these hijackings can be logged. There must be a trend for certain areas at certain times.

We can also log accidents to follow trends in high risk areas.

Are we going to be having to do rides with security following us on dirt bikes ! :(

There are some initiatives like that, but also share this info from the site on Twitter and Facebook if you have accounts.

I agree that a few of them needs to be caught.

Patrolling on motorbikes, quads or vehicles is not going to be very effective, as they hear the engine, and simply fade away.

If a few can be caught they might be persuaded to give information on where the bikes are going, who is buying them, and where they are operating from.

eBlockwatch, the local CPF, SAP and cycling clubs should get together to make a concerted effort to get hold of these people.

Although I don't cycle myself anymore, I have a vested interest in that my son cycles, and I have to replace anything that is either broken, goes missing, or is stolen.

The local SAP station telephone numbers should be programmed into everyones' phone, together with the Cycle Line of eBlockwatch.

Wierdabrug SAP 012-6544031

Lyttelton SAP 012-6448600

Olifantsfontein SAP 011-3168020

Midrand SAP 011-3471600

Cycle Line 0822360015

People

Please be on the look-out for an Airborne (Similiar to picture). Small frame with Selle Ladies seat, XT Group set. There are probably less than 5 in the Country. It has SUN Rims with DT Swiss hubs, Rock Shox SID.

ETpost-6387-0-33157000-1304926271.jpg

Hi mtbbiker

Please give me a shout if you need to borrow a bike or two for Sani2C.

Would be terrible to miss Sani2C becasue of a 'jacking'.

Depending on your sizes we can try get you a Cube demo bike or two to use next week.

Good day,

I am involved in Lyttelton Sector 3 CPF (Community Police Forum), I am the head of Patrols in the area. In the past we suffer some losses and had some attacks in the area between Nelmapius, Botha ave, N1 and Pierre van Ryneveld . With the support of some role players, we manage to catch the perpetrators. That was about a year ago – and then the incidents in that area was something of the past.

I am a keen MTB’er myself and would very much like to be part of the process to stop this in the Irene area as well. For the record, it also falls within my (our) area!

Could anyone that was involved in any of the incidents please get in contact with me, I would like to meet with you and would also like to arrange that you go out there with me and show me exactly where it happened.

Furthermore, we have a well organised response network consisting out of very committed CPF patrollers, Security Company’s support, as well as communication lines with the S.A.P.S. that works better than the normal 10111!!

We have a 24-hour emergency number to activate this mobilisation – our JOC’s (Joint Operational Centre) number is: 079 528 1630. Please report any incidents A.S.A.P.

I can also be contacted 24/7 to respond immediately with my team, my personal cell: 082 556 5591.

My email: patrols@pvr.org.za

We are busy with the operational planning to combat this type of crimes in our area – hopefully we could make a breakthrough A.S.A.P.

Regards,

Herman Steynberg

Good day,

I am involved in Lyttelton Sector 3 CPF (Community Police Forum), I am the head of Patrols in the area. In the past we suffer some losses and had some attacks in the area between Nelmapius, Botha ave, N1 and Pierre van Ryneveld . With the support of some role players, we manage to catch the perpetrators. That was about a year ago – and then the incidents in that area was something of the past.

I am a keen MTB’er myself and would very much like to be part of the process to stop this in the Irene area as well. For the record, it also falls within my (our) area!

Could anyone that was involved in any of the incidents please get in contact with me, I would like to meet with you and would also like to arrange that you go out there with me and show me exactly where it happened.

Furthermore, we have a well organised response network consisting out of very committed CPF patrollers, Security Company’s support, as well as communication lines with the S.A.P.S. that works better than the normal 10111!!

We have a 24-hour emergency number to activate this mobilisation – our JOC’s (Joint Operational Centre) number is: 079 528 1630. Please report any incidents A.S.A.P.

I can also be contacted 24/7 to respond immediately with my team, my personal cell: 082 556 5591.

My email: patrols@pvr.org.za

We are busy with the operational planning to combat this type of crimes in our area – hopefully we could make a breakthrough A.S.A.P.

Regards,

Herman Steynberg

Nice one Herman :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

In addition to my previous post, please send photo's and details of any of these "hijacked" bicycles, I can circulate the info to the bigger network (all the surrounding CPF's, community members on our contact lists, the Centurion Security forum, - who forward it to all their members, as well as the security companies that assists us in the area!)