Question on TT frame sizes

bartman

I have a question. I am 1.89m tall.

I am looking for a new TT frame but it doesnt seem anybody has

a large enough size, manufacturers dont even seem to make 58cm bikes.

Would it be the right thing for me to buy a 56 or what?

Who told you manufacturers don't make 58cm?

Cervelo does. Think they even make a 60/61cm.

Your height is only one element to take into account. Reach is quite important. Check www.slowtwitch.com. There are some great articles and tools to find the right TT bike size.

I have a question. I am 1.89m tall.

I am looking for a new TT frame but it doesnt seem anybody has

a large enough size, manufacturers dont even seem to make 58cm bikes.

Would it be the right thing for me to buy a 56 or what?

I am 191cm and i am on a 56cm P2c. Think with a tri bike you want the frame to be a tad smaller than the normal road bike size.

Like with road frames, TT frame size will differ from one person to the next. You will have to figure this one out for yourself, or ask a bike fitter with lots of experience in fitting TT bikes. (This does NOT mean the dude at the LBS). I was fortunate to be able to try out a 56cm, 54cm and a 51cm TT bike, before choosing one (I ride a 54 road)

If you can ride a very low and aggressive position, you can probably go for a frame size smaller than your road bike. Not everybody can do this, some people lose a lot of power, and aerodynamics does not make up for this.

If you want to do tri/duathlons, a low and aggressive position is perhaps not so clever - I read some research articles that found that a low position on the bike leads to slower times on the last run because of tired hamstrings. In this case, using the same frame size as your road frame would make more sense.

I am 186 cm tall and I have this Focus Chrono for sale. (I used it once in the Masters tour and pulled back 1'03" in 10km on my minute man.)

If you are interested let me know.post-9640-0-76293400-1304862257.jpg

Edited by Prince not Toad

I am 186 cm tall and I have this Focus Chrono for sale. (I used it once in the Masters tour and pulled back 1'03" in 10km on my minute man.)

If you are interested let me know.post-9640-0-76293400-1304862257.jpg

Can I take it for a test ride at the WC TT champs?! :P

Of course you may. This is how it works. You pay the full purchase price into my banking account then you arrange for transport down to your neck of the woods. You may then use the bike at your leisure. If, after test riding the bike, you decide to keep the bike then the deal is done.

If you, however, decide that you want to return the bike the cost for the transport is again for your account. The bike will be inspected on arrival and if there is any damage to the bike the repair bill will come off the money deposited. A futher fee of R5000 would be made for the 'rental' of the bike.

This is simple. I get these kind of requests frequently from potential buyers of my Porsche racing car - so I have become used to this kind of deal. Only there the 'rental' cost is R50 k for the day's enjoyment.

Are you perhaps interested in taking the Porsche for a 'test ride' as well?

Regards

post-9640-0-84789800-1304951662.jpg

Non, its ok. Rental fee a bit high.

How much for that bike?

I see Mark "Wallbanger" Harvey is leading the Porsche 924 class!

Sans wheels the price is R25k. With two sets of wheels (one shown in the pic) and the second set included I want R35k - Delivery to Durbanville included. Can I send you my banking details? LOL. Johan