Durbanville Mtb Night Rides

Wannabe

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where to direct this question...  Am new to Cape Town and heard there are night rides at Meerendal on Tuesdays and Bloemendal on Thursdays.  Do these happen each week, and who are the organisers to contact for more info?

Not sure where to direct this question...  Am new to Cape Town and heard there are night rides at Meerendal on Tuesdays and Bloemendal on Thursdays.  Do these happen each week, and who are the organisers to contact for more info?

Welcome! 

Check out this link for the trails in our area: http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/trails.html.

Bloemendal are on Thursdays, yes. I think at 19h00. If you're not a member it will cost you around R30.

I think the same applies for Meerendal (just make sure whether it is on Tuesday nights).

Bloemendal is every Thursday @ 19h00.

Meerendal is only certain Tuesday's @ 19h00

Hoogekraal also has rides every so often on a Tuesday @ 19h00

Thanks guys.  So who are the organisers of the Tuesday night Meerendal rides, and where can I check whether it's happening tonight?

Alec, I should be able to do most of 'our" rides from next Tuesday on. Tonite will be a bit tight, time wise.

Alec, I should be able to do most of 'our" rides from next Tuesday on. Tonite will be a bit tight, time wise.

Where's the 'Multi like' button ?

@BlackV... Tuesday night rides are organised by Meerendal, and the Thursday night Bloemendal rides are arranged by Tygerberg MTB club.  Both start at 19:00 from the respective farms.

This is what I've pieced together...

@BlackV... Tuesday night rides are organised by Meerendal, and the Thursday night Bloemendal rides are arranged by Tygerberg MTB club.  Both start at 19:00 from the respective farms.

This is what I've pieced together...

Thanks man, but sometimes I've gone to Meerendal only to be the one rider there.... They seem to be a bit sporadic unless I'm missing some facebook group or something. 

Thanks man, but sometimes I've gone to Meerendal only to be the one rider there.... They seem to be a bit sporadic unless I'm missing some facebook group or something. 

I don't have a BookFace profile so not sure where to find updates, but it's confirmed that there's a ride this evening.

Hi BlackV...  Some first-hand experience having done my first Meerendal night ride last night:

Seems like there's no official group arrangement.  Meerendal simply open the farm, make the trails avail for riding into the night, and the deli do a boerie braai and music.

Quite a few riders came and went, but mosty in their own groups.  The was a small gathering at approx 19:00 who left together in a bunch which then spread out after the first few climbs.

Was good fun, and the flowy singletrack sections were good rewards for that animal of a climb up the hill.  Will be back next week!

Archived