Slow newbie in Westdene Jhb

PippaB

Hi,

I recently moved from Cape Town to Johannesburg and want people to ride with - preferable off road but some road training would be nice.

After 4 months with literally NO cycling I managed 5h40mins in the 94.7 (so I'm really slow). My speed with mtbiking is not much better, but I've done a number of 55km rides, most recently Knysna.

I'm a good sport but my pet peeve when riding is being the slowest in the group and feeling like I'm the one keeping everyone back. So I want either real slowbies or people who are out for very base training.

Phillippa

wish you lived in KZN - you would have found the perfect training partner...Embarrassed 

welcome to the hub by the way!!

don't feel to alone pippa....just heard my training partner is moving to george....back to training by myselfCry.....anyone in mosselbay???

don't feel to alone pippa....just heard my training partner is moving to george....back to training by myselfCry.

Yip, know the feeling. I decided to join Cresta after my training partner abandoned me to move to London Cry

Don't wanna hijack the topic....but here in this part of the world we have a serious shortage of guys willing to put in some effort to join up and ride.  Imagine a Sunday ride with only 4 or 5 guys....happens here more than oftenConfused.  not so nice.  you guys with the big clubs must enjoy.  Mosselbay is starting to wake up slowly...but still needs an occasional kick in the butt to wake up in the morningsWink