CWC vs CRC

One of my concerns lately tho regarding CWCycles....a lot of their items is 'out of stock'...

+1. Need new pdm 540 pedals and guess what? "out of stock" :thumbdown: :angry:

Edited by M Hickley

Having bought goods from both ... i will only buy from CRC if CWC does not have stock or will not get what I am looking for. An example is Edge 800 .. wanted one in December 2010 and CWC could not help out so bought from CRC.

• 2 weeks later...

Having bought goods from both ... i will only buy from CRC if CWC does not have stock or will not get what I am looking for. An example is Edge 800 .. wanted one in December 2010 and CWC could not help out so bought from CRC.

Remember CRC is not the authorised distributor for Garmin in SA. Warranty will probably be an issue. You won't get the same backup as the guy who bought his from an SA retailer.

Agree with warranty issue.

Had another thread about my screwed up Candy X I bought from CRC, nothing wrong with CRC or the product, just not worth it to claim on warranty - even the local agent has offered to assist (says a lot about the product).

Bought some Shimano from CWC and collected today. Price is better than CRC and at least I can return them to a face for a warranty claim.

We still need CRC but I will still make CWC and my LBS my first port of call.

The warranty issue should be nonexistent in my opinion. Conversation should be as follows:

"Good morning Mr. Official Distributor of {Big Brand}. I have a genuine {Big Brand} doohickey here that seems to have malfunctioned. Here is my proof of purchase from authorised reseller in another country"

"Very good sir. Its within our warranty period, here is a new doohickey."

Case in point: I warranteed an iPod bought in the UK, at the South African reseller after it "sad-faced". Replaced immediately, no questions. Just a couple of clicks on the computer, checking that it is a real iPod, walked out with a brand new one.

Agree with you Flippa but for the price I paid for my Candy X, I'm not going to spend more in postage,phone calls & my time than its replacement value.

If it where a high end set that cost me over a 1K, then it would be another story.

At least with Chris I can always drop off my goods as either I or my neighbour regular got past his shop and it would only cost 2 minutes of time.

+1. Need new pdm 540 pedals and guess what? "out of stock" :thumbdown: :angry:

Had to buy the same pedals for a Bday present and ended up buying them from the Cyclelab Online Store...

Remember CRC is not the authorised distributor for Garmin in SA. Warranty will probably be an issue. You won't get the same backup as the guy who bought his from an SA retailer.

But the local guys will warranty it for a small fee (around R400 if memory serves).

The bigger cost issue is usually which maps get included.