Stund again

Capricorn

wow.. there is just so much good stuff coming outta british columbia: Mike Hopkins, the Coastal Crew,and now the Stund Crew is back!

check some of the photos. damn! Some awesome wallpapers for the e-riders ;)

http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p5pb6612714/p5pb6612714.jpg

http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p5pb6612718/p5pb6612718.jpg

http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p5pb6612699/p5pb6612699.jpg

http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p5pb6612716/p5pb6612716.jpg

http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p5pb6612708/p5pb6612708.jpg

Stunning Sauce

Nice picks boet. Makes me wanna go out and get me a DH bike! I will have to come and knock on your door for some DH bike advise pretty soon...

just get it already. Majik is beggin for a good slashing :P

Eish, I wish I had the bucks. I've ordered a 160mm Fox Float 36 for my Tracer just to make it feel a bit more DH orientated, but obviously it won't be the same as a full on DH bike. Will have to save up. :(

which bike u have again? that Float is perfect for Majik. I can feel my bike is overkill for that place. A nice AM bike with decent travel is more than enough.

I see a lot of guys have moved over to Knolly. It's weird seeing Garret Buehler on something other than a Mongoose Boot'r, haha!

yeah, noted Patches: i wonder if it's deliberate, taking on not so well known brands and showing the world you can ride anything on anything. Either way, haters be hating..

which bike u have again? that Float is perfect for Majik. I can feel my bike is overkill for that place. A nice AM bike with decent travel is more than enough.

I've got a 6 inch travel Intense Tracer. Just not sure how far you can push an AM bike? Where does AM stop and FR/DH start? I guess if you're looking at gap jumps and big drops it's better to get something like an Intense Uzzi?

How far to push an AM bike? When it's broken or you've run outta travel :P

Generally however, the frame manual/manufacturer will give guidance as to the maximum travel allowable. The higher the allowable travel, the more punishment it should be able to take. with the frame accordingly more robust.

In my opinion, and feel free to correct me if I'm off the mark here, AM bikes are for aggressive trail riding, including jumps and drop offs limited only by the amount of travel. Light FR and light DH come to mind on a solid and burly enough AM bike. AM frame may have a steeper HA relative to it's FR and DH cousins.

Giant AC/ Giant Reign (and maybe the Giant Trance) are good examples of an AM frame. The Tracer is considered an AM bike by Intense, so you're golden. that Travel of 6 inches says you good2go. :thumbup:

Edited by Jarek Wysocki

How far to push an AM bike? When it's broken or you've run outta travel :P

Generally however, the frame manual/manufacturer will give guidance as to the maximum travel allowable. The higher the allowable travel, the more punishment it should be able to take. with the frame accordingly more robust.

In my opinion, and feel free to correct me if I'm off the mark here, AM bikes are for aggressive trail riding, including jumps and drop offs limited only by the amount of travel. Light FR and light DH come to mind on a solid and burly enough AM bike. AM frame may have a steeper HA relative to it's FR and DH cousins.

Giant AC/ Giant Reign (and maybe the Giant Trance) are good examples of an AM frame. The Tracer is considered an AM bike by Intense, so you're golden. that Travel of 6 inches says you good2go. :thumbup:

Ja, I think I need to maybe test the Tracer a bit more. It takes the normal log drops (there's one in Majik about 30 meters after the bridge) without any issues, and the weekend I took it down the downhill track at Jonkers, also taking the log drops without any pains. I must say this FR thing is starting to tickle me. I've always liked klapping the singletrack at speed, but now for the 1st time, getting some air is starting to excite me. Maybe it's because I now have a bike that can handle some of that? You must give me a shout when you guys are at Majik. Would love to see your bike in the flesh... and get some riding tips!

banna: do u boost off the bridge? it's pretty fun, then hook a left over that small jump, and then further down after that berm, over that small logdrop/stepdown. fun little section.

banna: do u boost off the bridge? it's pretty fun, then hook a left over that small jump, and then further down after that berm, over that small logdrop/stepdown. fun little section.

Hell yea! That section is just the coolest. You actually get lekker air launching off the bridge. Just a pity the section is so short. But massive fun, for a wannnabe DH'er!

Some time ago there was a bump/launch pad next to the bridge, so I've seen some okes taking that jump right over the ditch and land on the downslope of the bridge on the other side. Don't think that launch pad is there any more?

i was actually looking for it the other day, but the edge on the gap is well overgrown, ie it doesn't look like a maintained bit of Majik. Pity though. Boosting that would be really nice. I see they smoothed out the right hand turn into that bridge area. IIRC, it used to be pretty rooty pity cos there aint many gnarly areas at Majik,.. unless I missed a spot or two..

I've got a 6 inch travel Intense Tracer. Just not sure how far you can push an AM bike? Where does AM stop and FR/DH start? I guess if you're looking at gap jumps and big drops it's better to get something like an Intense Uzzi?

well, if you see what Matt Smith hits on his mongoose Teocali, you should be fine to try just about anything :D

...it's his weapon of choice when he's at the DH line... and that line has some pretty beeeg jumps.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what Santacruz Kurt Vories is on in that music-less segment of NWD 10. I know it's running a Lyric fork (basically the RS equivalent of your Fox 36), so it's either an AM or a slopestyle. But yeah he rips it on that thing!

I guess the only difference is that both Matt and Kurt are sponsored riders... so replacement steeds come easier... that and the fact that they both ride a gazillion times better than I do, hahaha!

well, if you see what Matt Smith hits on his mongoose Teocali, you should be fine to try just about anything :D

...it's his weapon of choice when he's at the DH line... and that line has some pretty beeeg jumps.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what Santacruz Kurt Vories is on in that music-less segment of NWD 10. I know it's running a Lyric fork (basically the RS equivalent of your Fox 36), so it's either an AM or a slopestyle. But yeah he rips it on that thing!

I guess the only difference is that both Matt and Kurt are sponsored riders... so replacement steeds come easier... that and the fact that they both ride a gazillion times better than I do, hahaha!

Ja jeez boet, I wish I could ride like those boykies.And yup, I don't have a spare 20k if I bust up my frame!