Silverback Sigma 29"

Guest Iron

Got to agree with you Iron. That Tread issue has not been out for that long and gave the Segma a pretty decent review - no scoring vs the others though, but that's just my pet hate - so HTF(!) can they now decide not to "bring anymore in".

I realise that they're made overseas, but Silverback is an SA brand so what the hell does it mean when the brand says they're not bringing in one of their own models? It's not like they're the importer and can decide stop bringing in a cerain model, it's their own bike FFS!

I could maybe understand "we will not bringing anymore Smegmas, er..Segmas in, as we've changed the name to something that sounds less like some type of yeast infection and it's now even blingy-er than the Segma, so just wait a couple of weeks and you can get the new 'Jittler' 29er"

Silly Silverback, silly - you've built nice brand loyalty, don't go stuff it up now!! :thumbdown:

Silverback has lost the plot. Their new bikes are awesome and in a league of their own when it comes to value but it seems as if they have completely deserted their South African market. The fact that they aren't bringing in anymore Segmas and Modas are ridiculous, I know, but what's worse is that the Silverback 2011 range has 9 different 29er models (4 hardtail and 5 dual sus) and we're only getting 2 of these models in SA. For a South African company this is not on.

I totally agree!!

I have been struggling for 2 months with a back order at my LBS to get my hands on a segma!! I also spoke to Silverback themselves and they even tried to help find me one last week, but as I knew it was to no prevail.

This is not on man!!

Maybe I must forget about the segma and try to find the sigma, I mite have a better chance?

Guest Iron

I also really like the Giant XTC 29er , but try find one of those!

Looks like i must stick to my 26" bikes , can get those easy :P