Help! Heidelberg/Swellendam Bike Shop

Dibles

Hey Mandibles, got an email from Nic whose asking about the DVD's. He's off to Portugal this week for a race, so when you get back you can let me have them.

Glad you got sorted out.

Most probably yes. There have been a few bad accidents. Most of the guys are riding rigid bikes and we've done mainly offroad stuff. One guy broke both collar bones yesterday. Another guy was carted off with bad facial injuries today.

I almost had two wipeouts yesterday. Had a front wheel blowout whilst doing 55 km/h downhill offroad but somehow managed to control it. Conditions are very dangerous at the moment with all the mud and washed out roads.

Which tour is that?

Sounds exciting/interesting. (uhm, how can I post that, based on the injuries suffered by your chums?)

It is the Great Western Cape Bike Ride. Mossel Bay to Stellenbosch in 9 days. Is mostly offroad this year. Supposed to be an easy ride but is far from that this year. Was told that yesterday was 'flat'. Did 900m climbing in 70kms. Today was 900m ascent in 37kms and they had to then turn back as the rivers were impassable. Was supposed to be 70kms today. Www.greateventcompany.comMandibles2007-11-26 11:42:55

We've had non-stop rain today (mbay) so I hope things look better for you towards CT!

I think your friend is not too happy to be confined to a hospital bed - doesn't look the type!

Wishing all of you a safe ride!!

Thanks Ronelle. Has been raining most of the day here too (Heidelberg). Sandbags are out to stop the flooding.

PS: Couldn't remember which street you were in else I would've popped in to say hi!

Which tour is that? Sounds exciting/interesting. (uhm' date=' how can I post that, based on the injuries suffered by your chums?)

[/quote']

Today's route into Heidelberg is apparently part of next year's Cape Epic route.