Training week

leading up to the Hill2Hill (mid sept) and the berg and bush (end oct), i would like to plan a week of riding in the first week of august, avg 50km a day for about 6 to 7 days to build up endurance and train on some tired legs. Good or bad idea?

leading up to the Hill2Hill (mid sept) and the berg and bush (end oct), i would like to plan a week of riding in the first week of august, avg 50km a day for about 6 to 7 days to build up endurance and train on some tired legs. Good or bad idea?

Good idea, infact very good idea. I normally like to do a couple of high volume weeks a season and find they stand me in good stead. Make sure you do the traning at a steady (zone2) pace, not balls to the wall.

Some words of advice... make sure you've got a decent enough base in you that you will be able to handle this big week and the sudden increase in volume. Also, even if you're tired, do not skip a day, rather get out there and just spin for an hour and keep the legs moving. If your legs are feeling tired and sore they'll feel even worse after a complete day off. Keep them moving.

oh and make sure you eat enough to keep the energy levels up.

go get a book by joe friel on training for mountainbiking.

all you need to know.