Bike carriers: Thule vs Holdfast

Gearman

Another option would be the Bosal bike carrier.

Check out THEIR site.

They are available from Southbay Cycles in Centurion, but I am certain that your local LBS should be able to order one for you.

They are manufactured in Germany, and as expected from a German product the design is excellent.

Used on tar roads or bundu bashing the carrier clings to the towbar ball like the proverbial smelly stuff to a wool blanket.

+1 !! The Bosal is a good choice, cheaper than the Thule. Bought mine 3 months back and happy as can be!!

Buy a Thule - agree with what others say but it can also be used very easily as a bike stand holder in your garage. Just buy another ball tow bar and bolt it to your garage wall. You can then easily store your bike safely out of harms way. They are also easy to breakdown when you need to travel with it in your car boot.

I agree that the Thule works well! I've bolted a spare tow bar ball to my workbench and use the rack as a work stand, when not on the back of my car.