Riding through Spier

slabs

Was riding into Spier from Annandale road yesterday and saw some new signs that have gone up regarding no cycling, walking, horse riding....

Does anyone know why they have done this as many people use the dirt road between Annandale and Baden Powell as part of their rides? I know this is private property, but was just wondering why Spier have now decided to stop people riding through their property. Even if they start charging people to ride on their property, I will be happy to support.

Was riding into Spier from Annandale road yesterday and saw some new signs that have gone up regarding no cycling, walking, horse riding....

Does anyone know why they have done this as many people use the dirt road between Annandale and Baden Powell as part of their rides? I know this is private property, but was just wondering why Spier have now decided to stop people riding through their property. Even if they start charging people to ride on their property, I will be happy to support.

I am sure I would not want people riding through my backyard...And I think it could be a safety thing and it could also be that some idiots would litter as they ride through it.

Might also be a case of of protecting themselves against lawsuits if someone gets hurt on their property.

The people in Stellies and surrounds are far to blasé about riding on private property. The pawpaw is going to hit the fan soon.

Might also be a case of of protecting themselves against lawsuits if someone gets hurt on their property.

The people in Stellies and surrounds are far to blasé about riding on private property. The pawpaw is going to hit the fan soon.

This is in the line with what I thought, but when you look at where people ride the no ride rule does not always make sense here. It is a joining dirt road that is used by people purchasing wine, going to the Spier markets, etc. Then you ride along a single track along the river. I have never seen people misbehaving and still think that having responsible bikers on these properties is actually good for security as well.

Then again, as I said, would be happy to pay as well. Just seems strange that it suddenly has happened now and am wondering if there was not some event that created this stance from them?