cluck cluck sound

Carmichael

Hallo Slim mense

Na die naweek se mtb het daar n snaakse "cluck cluck" geluid begin ontwikkel vanaf die rear hub ( dink ek). Dit gebeur net partykeer, en dit is as ek trap of freewheel. Dit klink amper soos staal gears wat slip. Weet julle dalk wat dink kan wees ?

Thanks

Most likely your freehub that is failing with a pawl or two sticking. If you do not want to tackle it yourself, it is off to your local LBS I am afraid. If it Shimano they will most likely replace it. If they replace ask them for the old freehub, have a look at it, see how it attaches to the rim and how it works and next time you may be able to put some oil or grease in it and save it from replacing again.

I had a clicking sound on my bike last year. As soon as I stopped, it stopped clicking. I lubed everything I should. I lubed everything I probably shouldn't have. After 3 weeks I realised it was my rainjacket's pullstring. :blush:

it bight be the ball bearing in the rear hub?, i had one or two turn square in there and made like a knocking noise.