2012 Shimano XT vs. SRAM X9

Morwa

TX for all the replies and comments. Does anyone have an idea what will the price be of a complete XT 2012 groupset? When can we expect LBS’s to have stock? Last question....what would be a better option for a 29er....40/28 or 38/26 (2x10) and an 11-32/34 cassette?

CycleLab says that they have them for R8200.00

Not sure if they have in stock or its customisable.

http://www.cyclelab.com/products/SHIMANO%20XT%20GROUPSET%202012.aspx

CycleLab says that they have them for R8200.00

Not sure if they have in stock or its customisable.

http://www.cyclelab....SET%202012.aspx

I looked at that - it looks great until you get to the brakes. I can't tie in the part number given to 2012 XT brakes (or any XT brakes for that matter). I phoned the contact number for the online shop but no-one could give me an answer as to what brakes they were and whether rotors were included or not.

In terms of stock, two LBS's have told me that Cool Heat will only be getting their shipment in January. thumbdown.gif

Sealed cable housing is the way to go! It should be standard issue on a mtb.

Got nothing to do with groupset. Frames depict how you run your housing.

My 2cents worth, I've had the new XT for a while now and really enjoying it. It looks much better than the old. To agree with the hubbers above, the brakes are awesome. Smooth and soft and really good on hard breaking. And if the old XT is anything to go by in terms of reliability it should outlast the X9.

I looked at that - it looks great until you get to the brakes. I can't tie in the part number given to 2012 XT brakes (or any XT brakes for that matter). I phoned the contact number for the online shop but no-one could give me an answer as to what brakes they were and whether rotors were included or not.

In terms of stock, two LBS's have told me that Cool Heat will only be getting their shipment in January. thumbdown.gif

There seems to be major issue at the moment with the availability, maybe thats why someone stole my parcel :( , it had the new brakeset in it.