24-Hour race in December

Tumbleweed

50 members have voted

1. 1. Souf or the North-West?

• Rietvlei
    • Van Gaalen
    • Neither

All the best to both parties and may all the riders walk away happy.

:thumbup:

What's most telling in this is that neither Wendell nor Dmitri have flung any mud at one another in their posts on this topic.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omni was there on site arranging everything except the camping which Wendell organized

(and charged for).

Correction, there were ample free camping site spaces available, i had a free spot less than 100m from the transition area and i arrived quite late at the venue.

The other points you mention about complaints with issues such as riders walking across the tracks i cannot relate, nor do i recall reading or hearing anything about it. In my experience, the route, venue and facilities were much better than when the event was held at N/Farms.

Anyway good luck to both, i'm sure there will be plenty of comments from riders and their experience of the event they chose.

The riders complained on the day and especially when crossing the timing zone about pedestrians getting in the way.

As for the camps sites, perhaps you're right. I know that certain spots had to be booked. If i am incorrect, I apologize.

Yes, The Vlei was an improvement to N/F, hence the move.

You have heard someone from a local bike shop ?

Well let's get the real facts in front of us, are they prepared to put their flag to the mast so that Redness and Omni Motion can respond.

@Redness, I have heard of people not receiving their prize money, is their any truth to this ?

It is very hard to respond to this as we hand out out prizes ON THE DAY. It has been MANY years since we sent anything to anyone after the event.

However, if someone is adamant that they had not received their prizes, they should get in touch with me. There are ample channels to do so, e-mail, phone numbers, websites.

If they do, I will do my best to get to the bottom of it. That said, NOBODY has contacted us about it and I suspect that this is another attempt by certain individuals to sabotage the Bicycling 24 Hour. There have been OTHER, very serious attempts made also which I will not mention publicly. Should you wish to know however, PM me.

Dangle, you are correct, this is hurting the sport. Having two of the same kind of events on the same day is not ideal. Hopefully both events will be successful and that all riders have a good time.

:thumbup:

What's most telling in this is that neither Wendell nor Dmitri have flung any mood at one another in their posts on this topic.

Dimitri and Wendell have spoken ages ago and there is no bad blood. The stirrers are other biased individuals which is common on the Hub it seems.

It seems to have become a "Vlei vs. Van Gaalen" situation also.

It is very hard to respond to this as we hand out out prizes ON THE DAY. It has been MANY years since we sent anything to anyone after the event.

Not picking a fight, just getting it in to the open.

You guys were accused of such because M. G spoke to so-and-so.

If there is a prize money issue, then we need to find a resolve around this, it could be something as simple as a miscommunication.

I am very aware of how Omni-Motion do their events, from my side I have nothing but the utmost respect.

Dimitri and Wendell have spoken ages ago and there is no bad blood. The stirrers are other biased individuals which is common on the Hub it seems.It seems to have become a "Vlei vs. Van Gaalen" situation also.

Do you not think you can count yourself among their numbers? Your posts on these threads have, at times, showed aggression and your bias has refelcted your own interest in this matter.

Do you not think you can count yourself among their numbers? Your posts on these threads have, at times, showed aggression and your bias has refelcted your own interest in this matter.

How would you respond when you are being wrongfully accused? We are passionate about our 24 hour and proud of the 12 years behind us. I did get upset and may have over re-acted at times. If so, I apologise. What you don't know is about what has happened behind the scenes. Don't know who was behind it but it did happen. If you would like to know PM me.

How would you respond when you are being wrongfully accused? We are passionate about our 24 hour and proud of the 12 years behind us. I did get upset and may have over re-acted at times. If so, I apologise. What you don't know is about what has happened behind the scenes. Don't know who was behind it but it did happen. If you would like to know PM me.

Thanks for the response. I think I have gathered - through what I have read here, and other sources in the industry - a good grasp what transpired, and remain neutral on the matter. I can, however, understand your passion and your reaction to the perceived slights.

Good luck with the VG event.

Have a cool weekend. :)

Thanks for the response. I think I have gathered - through what I have read here, and other sources in the industry - a good grasp what transpired, and remain neutral on the matter. I can, however, understand your passion and your reaction to the perceived slights.

Good luck with the VG event.

Have a cool weekend. :)

Thanks, I wish you the best too.

Van Gaalens for me!

I heard they have plenty of nice steep uphills!

The route will have a mix of everything but not many very steep uphills!

The route will have a mix of everything but not many very steep uphills!

What?! Not many steep up hills! That sucks!

I'm switching to the Vlei one then!

You are such a wally! :lol:

and that is the very reason you want me on your team!

speaking of which... what are we calling our team?

Team Edward

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24800000/edward-cullen-edward-cullen-24892888-300-400.jpg

or Team Jacob

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24400000/jacob-black-jacob-black-24421722-499-649.jpg

bwahahahaha :lol:

Edited by patches