I forgot how difficult this sport is

Garfield2010

Eish nope!

I run about between 20 and 30km's during the week and then the same amount on a Saturday.

I have however built it up nicely and is injury free...

I feel I need to do the city2city to prepare for the IM in November.

I need to train for 5 hours +

You cant just train an hour a day every day and then suddenly expect to do an 14 hour IM!!

I don't want to sound like some know it all, bit I think C2C will do more harm than good.

I don't want to sound like some know it all, bit I think C2C will do more harm than good.

I agree with this.It takes 6-8 weeks to recover from a marathon.

I agree with this.It takes 6-8 weeks to recover from a marathon.

Exactly! IM Cape Town is exactly 7 weeks after the City2City. I will almost go into a run-taper phase after this marathon and focus on cycling/swimming for the last two months. Maybe just run two 10km's per week.

Thing is I am limited on training time due to work so I tend to make the most of it over weekends.

I also intend on taking it ultra slow next weekend.

I meant 5 hours training continous.

I'n in the same boat and tend to agree! Also going to just about walk the City2City (even though I normally run at around 4:20/km). This Sunday will be the last fast run for a while. I enjoy the racing and can't just train and train and train. What's the point of training for months and doing 1 race? That's why people quit after 1 Ironman, it's a huge let down when it's over so quickly!

My list of upcoming races is as long as my arm! And I love it! C2C, Energade Tris, Joburg/Suncity Tri, Challenge CT, 94.7 .. all in a matter of a 2-3 months :-) Crazy? Hell yes!

I WISH I could train during the day, stupid work commitments. I just wanna mow down those cyclists training at 2pm (I mean that in the nicest possible way).

Keep it up Garfield2010, CCT is going to kick our asses.

Hahaha!

Sunday is going to be a freakin massacre!!

I am definately not prepared for this race. (I have only done one marathon in my life and that was IM 2007!)

Bring it on!!!

By the way. Saturdays race have food points at 25km & 33km

The food will be sweeties and fruit according to the organiser although by the time I pass through there will be vakol left most likely.....

By the way. Saturdays race have food points at 25km & 33km

The food will be sweeties and fruit according to the organiser although by the time I pass through there will be vakol left most likely.....

If I see you on the road from my bike I will feed you :thumbup: