Group Swimming in Durbanville Area

Disylizzy

Hi All,

I would like to organize a masters / adult swim group at one of the schools in the Durbanville area. Essentially the idea is to have a set time a few times per week where people with varying abilities get together to do lap swimming. Preferrably under some guidance (coach) or general training plan.

The reasons being, I would rather swim in a team environment than have someone jumping in to the lane with me who is there just to play around. And I find I'm a little more competitive when swimming with others.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone have any affiliation with one of the local school, so that I can contact said school?

2. Who would be interested? Obviously there would have to be some kind of monetary contribution to use the facilities.

Im there like a bear.

Really interested.

Wouldn't Fairmont, be approachable. Pity there is no public pool like Bellville.

Else all I can think of is one of the Virgin gyms if the schools say no.

Hi All,

I would like to organize a masters / adult swim group at one of the schools in the Durbanville area. Essentially the idea is to have a set time a few times per week where people with varying abilities get together to do lap swimming. Preferrably under some guidance (coach) or general training plan.

The reasons being, I would rather swim in a team environment than have someone jumping in to the lane with me who is there just to play around. And I find I'm a little more competitive when swimming with others.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone have any affiliation with one of the local school, so that I can contact said school?

2. Who would be interested? Obviously there would have to be some kind of monetary contribution to use the facilities.

Yes I'm interested.

I will drop you a pm.

Spoke to my son he still has the key to the pool of his primary school (he is 19 now).I suggest we contact the school for permission.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys and gals, I haven't had too much luck with getting access to a local pool, but there is a masters group that swims at both the Bellville municipal pool and Durbanvill High School pool.

Preliminary information is as follows:

Durbanville High School

Tuesday and Friday 12h00 - 13h00

Cost: R200 per month

Bellville Pool

Mon thru Fri 18h00 - 19h30

Cost: R270 per month

I'm still waiting on info about when the programs will start.

The typical person that swims with masters is either interested in galas, triathlons, to improve their fitness level, or just to get better at swimming. I can find out as well if you can try it if you're not 100% sure about what it all entails before comitting.

Ok guys and gals, I haven't had too much luck with getting access to a local pool, but there is a masters group that swims at both the Bellville municipal pool and Durbanvill High School pool.

Preliminary information is as follows:

Durbanville High School

Tuesday and Friday 12h00 - 13h00

Cost: R200 per month

Bellville Pool

Mon thru Fri 18h00 - 19h30

Cost: R270 per month

I'm still waiting on info about when the programs will start.

The typical person that swims with masters is either interested in galas, triathlons, to improve their fitness level, or just to get better at swimming. I can find out as well if you can try it if you're not 100% sure about what it all entails before comitting.

Thank you for retrieving and passing on this information.

If you pass on contact information it would be appreciate.

Really interest in the Bellville Pool. Gonna be icey. :)

Thank you for retrieving and passing on this information.

If you pass on contact information it would be appreciate.

Really interest in the Bellville Pool. Gonna be icey. :)

I'll send you a PM with contact details.

I'll be going to the Bellville pool too! :D

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick status update for those that have been on the wall about joining...

The master's swimming has been going on for 3 weeks now. The group is balanced well between swimmers and triathletes, as well as beginners and stronger swimmers. And depending on the day the amount of people in the pool varies from 2 to about 15. The coach is great, and helps with stroke technique and it's up to you how long and hard you want to swim for.

The pool itself is great for open water training, especially with no lane lines in.

So hopefully see some more of you on the pool deck! Especially now that the water temp has warmed up from f%$#ing freezing to just freezing!

Just a quick status update for those that have been on the wall about joining...

The master's swimming has been going on for 3 weeks now. The group is balanced well between swimmers and triathletes, as well as beginners and stronger swimmers. And depending on the day the amount of people in the pool varies from 2 to about 15. The coach is great, and helps with stroke technique and it's up to you how long and hard you want to swim for.

The pool itself is great for open water training, especially with no lane lines in.

So hopefully see some more of you on the pool deck! Especially now that the water temp has warmed up from f%$#ing freezing to just freezing!

Send me the details. I'm quite keen to improve my swimming. Word of warning - my swimming skills are non-existent.

Send me the details. I'm quite keen to improve my swimming. Word of warning - my swimming skills are non-existent.

PM Sent!