Correct Frame Size

lerouc

I am new too. I am 1.9m and bought a GT XL. For a long time I thought that it was too big for me. It now fits me very well, but I still think that a L could have been fine. Your height is only part of the issue. Both a L and an XL would have to be adjusted to fit you. I am a misfit. I have long legs. The height of the saddle can be the same on both a L and an XL. The height of the handlebars can be the same on both a L and an XL (about equal to the saddle). The position of the saddle can be the same both a L and an XL (so that your knee is in the right place over the cranks). The question then is if your reach is right. For me an XL top tube felt too long. I have shortened the handle bar stem and put my saddle in such a place that it now fits me very well, but I cannot move my saddle back much if a knee were to ask for it. My next (29’er steel frame?) bike will have a steeper tube under the saddle (if I could bear to part with my GT). The reason for saying thus is that when your saddle is heigh, and the tube angle is relaxed (as on a GT), your weight is too far back, I think. Your weight should be more over the cranks, I think. As I said, I am new to this. I think an L is fine for you. Just keep going and flirt with the pain, you will fall in love ... Is jou "handlebar" nie te laag nie?

My handle bar is redelik laer as my saal op die oomblik - as ek n skat moet vat is dit so 4 - 5 cm laer en dit gaan nog laer wees as ek die nuwe saal koop.

but the general idea im getting is that the frame should be fine for me i should just get the new seat post and take it from there and then get a proper setup done!

Ek het iets opgesit wat my "handlebar" gelig het deur die vurk se "stem" te verleng, jy kan ook kyk na 'n "stem" waaraan die "handlebars" vaskom wat skuins na bo loop instede van gelyk met die grond. Ek wou nog noem dat die ander vraag is if jy genoeg plek het om regop te staan en trap of om skerp te draai. Indien so, is die raam ook daarom reg. Sterkte

Your height is a factor but leg length also plays a part. I prefer a smaller more compact frame with a longer stem and raised saddle height. Personally do not think a XL is required. Speak to original bike shop and see if they cannot help out with a longer saddle stem.