1st pair of cleats/MTB shoes

Active Monkey

I'm assuming that's Olympics, iv'e had a pair for the past 2 years and have no issues with them.

Decided that the starter pair will prob take abuse... So went for olimpics...

Olympics definitely are not flash, but in terms of a starter pair I cannot fault them (price considered). The soles seem to be made of a pretty hard plastic, not rubber, and don't know how long they will last if you do a lot of walking...I've used them for 4 months since taking up MYB again after 12 years away from the dirt, and I can tell you that the starter pair of Shimano's I bought in 1993 (lace up jobs) and the starter stuff available now are worlds apart, for the better.

By the way, if they don't smell after four monmths, am I doing something wrong?

• 3 months later...

Hi all.

Any suggestions on shoe size relative to my normal running shoes for example? If one can only get full sizes, in other words no half sizes, should one go slightly bigger or smaller than one's running shoes?

I do rock climbing and when I bought my climbing shoes, it was suggested to me to get a half size smaller than my regular shoe.

I am also just starting out on MTB.

Thanks in advance