lets talk wheels...

Johnstoneighty6

Cool thanks man....

Just to give you an example I was doing the Amashova race and as we came onto the free way, I pulled out from the bunch all hunched down low and went on the far right hand side of the road. By the bottom of the hill I must have been about 50m past the bunch that was all huddled together and I was on my own. So from an aero point of view the wheels do fly.

And in the cross winds which were blowing a bit in the same race, I felt it a tiny bit, but nothing to worry about at all....

Ok I have no idea on how to upload or imbed the picture

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6225/6275395039_ccc975f2c4_b.jpg

I have a set of American Classic Carbon 58's clinchers.

Great wheels that aren't 20k new like the Zipps, yet work wonders on the tri course. Can pick up a pair in good condition for around 6k.

Abused them at full IM this year and they were great.

Thanks Gummibear for uploading the pic! Not the best quality thanks to the terrible phone camera but it is a beauty....

Thanks Gummibear for uploading the pic! Not the best quality thanks to the terrible phone camera but it is a beauty....

That's a very nice looking bike you have there :drool:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301146_10150351870528553_691488552_8245371_395195371_n.jpg im thinking 404 on the front and 808 at the back

Actually had a good think about it rather get a disk wheel Ryan, it will work perfectly in Port Elizabeth. Especially this week :lol:

I had a disc wheel before also for triathlons. And after reading up on the new Zipp 808's that they are now only about 10 - 11 seconds slower than the disc wheel I went with the set of 808's

The main reason was that if i had to sit up for 20 seconds off the TT bars then the time saving with the disc is gone. And I could then also use my 808's to race with on my road bike!!!

if you can afford Zipps then thats the way i would go, but i think a second hand set you will pick up for 15k which is pricey.

You can get a new set of non-Firecrest 808 clinchers for around R20k from Wiggle.co.uk, so second hand should be R10k or so. 404s are around R18k. The Firecrest 808 clinchers are around R26k. The 808 FC tubulars are around R20k.

Actually had a good think about it rather get a disk wheel Ryan, it will work perfectly in Port Elizabeth. Especially this week :lol:

haha Fabes Disk wheel in PE is equivilent to having a sail with nice big holes in.

You can get a new set of non-Firecrest 808 clinchers for around R20k from Wiggle.co.uk, so second hand should be R10k or so. 404s are around R18k. The Firecrest 808 clinchers are around R26k. The 808 FC tubulars are around R20k.

Thanks Edman, not to clued up on the prices just know a mate of mine got a set off the hub now for about that price. Was a 1080 rear wheel and 808 front wheel.

Edited by fabes

Thanks Edman, not to clued up on the prices just know a mate of mine got a set off the hub now for about that price. Was a 1080 rear wheel and 808 front wheel.

I think the 1080s are even more expensive. Price goes up the deeper you go. Non-Fircrest tubulars cost the same as non-Firecrest clinchers. FC clinchers cost quite a bit more than FC tubulars and both are more expensive than non-FC wheels.