Cricket......

E1A104

all out for 201 - we would have taken that at the toss.

tahir wraps up the tail...he is damn good at that, bunnies really battle with his tricks.

but ja. let's see stiaan and dean last this one out before we start getting excited.

Agreed. Personally think that India some 50 short of a par score. Couple of our batsmen need to get 80+ score and would be good if it was Dean and Stiaan.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8.55am Sunil Gavaskar is at the pitch report and whoa! It is so dry and is laden with cracks which Gavaskar "has never seen before"! Wow, that's a rather worn-out look the pitch has even before the match has begun and Gavaskar also said the ball was likely to keep low at times, and ends with, "it's not the best of pitches to bat on."

Definitely crazy looking pitch. The only green is at the crease and behind the stumps and the outer edge. Otherwise very bare. Makes batting difficult. It's pretty much the opposite of what one would call a 'cricket' wicket. No real balance between bat and ball.

Van Zyl out for 5. SA 9/1. Disappointing dismissal. Left one he should've played. Ashwin with the wicket and Faf Du Plesis joins Elgar.

spinner gets one with the new ball. you almost need to start wondering why they played 2 quicks.

Van Zyl out for 5. SA 9/1. Disappointing dismissal. Left one he should've played. Ashwin with the wicket and Faf Du Plesis joins Elgar.

Faf du Plessis is in. Four men around the bat as Ashwin comes round the wicket

Partha: "Von voyage. Fun sail!"

Ashwin to van Zyl, OUT, here comes the one! He has not played a shot at that and he is dead. van Zyl can't Zyl. This was tossed up on off, and strangely, the batsman lets it go through. Probably he was expecting it to turn away or maybe he just misread the line. Whatever it was, a big big error. India have one in the bag.

S van Zyl lbw b Ashwin 5 (23b 1x4 0x6) SR: 21.73

jussis, why is it so lekker when england get a snotklap?

an injured ben stokes is coming in at #10, 8 down now with 139 to win. Cook has carried his bat, almost two full sessions to play, an unlikely england win more possiible than a draw really.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-england-2015-16/engine/match/902639.html

another stat- so called allrounder Stuart Broad hasn't scored a 50 in his last 45 innings....

Cook decided to start going for it.

The end of an heroic but futile effort from Cook. He wasn't playing his natural game by the end of it, which makes you wonder what might have been with some, any, assistance from the top order. An agonising post-tea defeat by 12 runs probably. But anyway. Here's Jimmy

Shoaib Malik to Cook, OUT, down the track, through the gate, stumped by a mile! Shoaib saw him coming, dragged it down, and utterly flummoxed the England captain!

1.20pm So, England all out for 156, a disappointing end for them but all credit to Pakistan for a magnificent bowling performance. They shredded the prospect of a tight finish with those four early wickets, and despite Alastair Cook's bloodymindedness and Ben Stokes' injury-defying valour, 2-0 it is.

Fakhar: "Retiring Malik earns the big-3 opening scalps that resulted in Pakistan's victory. Last match, 7 wickets, not a bad end to test career." Quite so. A curious final chapter to his 35-match career, what with the small matter of 245 at Abu Dhabi too ...

Farrukh Alam: "5 years ago, I never thought I will see this in my lifetime Pakistan number 2 team in test cricket thank you Misbah"

Yasir Shah to Stokes, OUT, fired down the leg-side, Stokes goes for a wander, Sarfraz gathers and whips off the bails! That is the end of that!

BA Stokes st †Sarfraz Ahmed b Yasir Shah 12 (19m 12b 1x4 0x6) SR: 100.00

Yasir Shah to Stokes, 2 runs, dabbed into space ... he keeps coming

Yasir Shah to Stokes, FOUR, short, and a meaty sweep from Stokes! Get some of that. In the air for a while but oodles of power from a man with a damaged collarbone!

and just like that it ended.

edit:pakistan up to #2 in the test rankings. they will need australia to draw the 3 match series against nz to stay there.

Edited by my stuff

spinner gets one with the new ball. you almost need to start wondering why they played 2 quicks.

Faf du Plessis is in. Four men around the bat as Ashwin comes round the wicket

Partha: "Von voyage. Fun sail!"

Ashwin to van Zyl, OUT, here comes the one! He has not played a shot at that and he is dead. van Zyl can't Zyl. This was tossed up on off, and strangely, the batsman lets it go through. Probably he was expecting it to turn away or maybe he just misread the line. Whatever it was, a big big error. India have one in the bag.

S van Zyl lbw b Ashwin 5 (23b 1x4 0x6) SR: 21.73

Especially if the pitch was made to order!

I think Stiaan was playing for more spin than what there was. Also could've come more forward.

Jadeja brought into the attack and takes Faf's wicket with a peach of delivery. Hash comes out to bat.

Aaah

The intrigue of Test cricket

What a 1st Test

Unless we can get one or two big partnerships, this is going to be a very short testmatch. We're playing 5 batsmen, a keeper and 5 bowlers. Dane Vilas is no mug with the bat (ave 40 in domestic 1st class - damn good, equivalent to Faf actually), but it's one helluva ask for him to come in here for his first test innings at 6. 

with philander at 7, we have a long tail. hopefully harmer shows his batting potential down the order (he has a 1st class century)

Geez

That does not look like a day 1 pitch

Ja heard the radio commentary say it looks like day 7 of 5 day pitch!

elgar gone, but good session so far.

AB comes in, cricinfo are going a bit wild on his 100th test next week, #batlikeAB

he just got a little snick to the keeper. not out, indians went bos with the appeal. got a warning from the umpires. sucks to them for being the only morons insisting on not using DRS

What a game so far by Elgar

I will stop underrating him now ????

Eish, that pitch is crumbling badly

Any lead here will be precious

1 run has the value of 2

elgar gone, but good session so far.

AB comes in, cricinfo are going a bit wild on his 100th test next week, #batlikeAB

he just got a little snick to the keeper. not out, indians went bos with the appeal. got a warning from the umpires. sucks to them for being the only morons insisting on not using DRS

AB's day?

edged this time, and India finally have AB after Kohli takes the catch after it came of Saha's gloves! It was on length outside off, Ab offered his bat, got an edge and the ball lobbed off Saha's glove for Kohli to come forward from first slip and take the catch. Oh, they are checking for the no ball, it's very very close! Several replays being shown for the third umpire as some angles aren't clear, blocked by AB's foot or a fielder in the way