KTM Race 1.29 (2012)

'Meerkat'

Hi Hubbers, I would like to find out the product quility and aftermarket service of the KTM brand. I am thinking of purchasing the 2012 KTM Race 1.29 but would just like to find out if the aftermarket would be anything like the other big brands. Maybe some of you (or a friend of a friend) had the 2011 KTM Race and can help me out a bit on the positives and negatives of the bike. The 2012 Race 1.29 will be available sometime in January and I think it will be much the same as the previous model framewise just with different spec. All help would be appreciated!

I haven't seen their MTB's yet, but a friend recently got a Strada 6000 road bike. No complaints with it, decently light a quite nice looking. My only gripe was with a slight lack of paint right below the seat clamp. It seems they didn't spray up high enough on the bit where the seatpost goes in, so you can see bare carbon. You can't see it unless you go looking for it.

Their MTB's seem to be their core business though, so I'm sure they'll rock.

By a weird coincidence, I bought a house from Willie five years ago. Fast forward some years, and I catch up with him at the stand next to ours at the expo. He seems passionate about his bikes and convinced of how good they are. Have ridden a couple of them, and they seem like decent packages.