• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks crowdude

will do

but bulk of riding will be road

Oh. Well that won't work then.

Try the N2. It runs North South. Can't miss it.

Or better still. Leave the skinny tyre thing at home, and take the knobbly tyred thing ! :thumbup:

Oh. Well that won't work then.

Try the N2. It runs North South. Can't miss it.

Or better still. Leave the skinny tyre thing at home, and take the knobbly tyred thing ! :thumbup:

Both will be going!

Variety is the spice of life I've heard!!

Both will be going!

Variety is the spice of life I've heard!!

Cool. One day spent with the taxis and trucks and you will be back at Clearwater daily.

Visit the Coffee farm. :thumbup:

And the Banana Pancake place. :thumbup:

And the Custom Blades shop. :thumbup:

Cool. One day spent with the taxis and trucks and you will be back at Clearwater daily.

Visit the Coffee farm. :thumbup:

And the Banana Pancake place. :thumbup:

And the Custom Blades shop. :thumbup:

Agreed, Clearwater trails are cracker, plus Beaver Creek cuppos. Sweet. The tar road that runs from the coast past the entrance to Clearwater , runs inland for about 40 ks. Long climb for first bit then undulates nicely. We rode about 70 clips one morning there before Epic last year. Not sure how much traffic that road attracts and what's is name is, but without traffic, a nice ride. Check with locals maybe as to how busy the road is early doors.

Can you ride to Clearwater from Southbroom. Plan would be leave early ride up to Clearwater do a loop or two depending on how long it takes, ride back?

Any idea length of ride?

Can you ride to Clearwater from Southbroom. Plan would be leave early ride up to Clearwater do a loop or two depending on how long it takes, ride back?

Any idea length of ride?

Looks like 27km's each way.

Can't seem to attach the Google earth file.

Edited by GhostRider2

ja pse tell

will be in Leisure Bay for 3 weeks from 13th looking for some 2/3 hr 5 am rides

I'll hopefully (depends when I submit my thesis) be in Leisure Bay from the 15th to the 22nd.

Any idea length of ride?

Chap. That's a fairly long ride. Mostly tar.

Better to drive and enjoy the full offroad thing.

We have a social ride planned for friday the 9th December 2011 at 12h30 for 1pm, from concept cyclery at waterfall to as many laps as you feel up to at the XC Track. Hopefully Burry Stander will be joining us for a few laps as well.

I'll hopefully (depends when I submit my thesis) be in Leisure Bay from the 15th to the 22nd.

I'll be in Leisure Bay from about 19/20th Dec to end of 1st week in Jan. Plan is to wake up early, ride my singlespeed MTB to Clearwater, ride the trail, then back to Leisure Bay. Also a (long, hectic road climb) inland way from leisure Bay towards Munster and then to clearwater via Izingloweni Road, not so ure I want to do that to myself again.

Can't wait to hit Clearwater, trail is good, last time i was there I ended up with an infected knee cut in hospital in Durban for 2 weeks. Cycling and bird watching are both great activities, just not at the same time...

Chap. That's a fairly long ride. Mostly tar.

Better to drive and enjoy the full offroad thing.

Southbroom-clearwater +- 30kms, all tar, Clearwater trial = +-20kms, tough coming back from the coats for half of that, so your ride will be 60kms tar and 20kms off road, 10kms of that is pretty tough.