Solis Nitro

water bottle

I'm interested in buying a Solis Nitro for my daughter.

It's a size 50, carbon, with SRAM Rival groupset, Reynolds Solitude rims.

What should a fair price be for this bike?

The LBS wants R12,000.

It's a 2006 model.

Please give me your opinion, as I value the knowledge of people in the know.

f the frame is 2006, then I suppose it is the older silver Rival. If so, I would say R12 000 is too pricey. Would'nt pay more than R8 000. If it s the newer carbon Rival, R9 000 is more realistic. I assume the bike is second hand. If new, then the price is fair. I have seen 2011 Scotts CR1s going for R13 000 with 105 brand new.

It is a nice frame, I sold mine a while ago (here) and eventually got R3500 for it. As Eugene said I would rather go for a new Scott. Fuji, Meridas and I suppose others are also very competitivly priced at the moment. The Nitro is becoming dated and I don't think they are supported in SA any longer.

Phone Kevin at Cycle Fusion and ask him what they go for new and what a fair price is. He sells the Solis range so he could probably provide back-up and support.

Yip, R12k is too much.

I sold my wife's Solis Nitro for R10k or R11k with Sram Force and Reynolds wheels about 1,5 years ago.

It's a nice light frame.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. I delined the offer. I will search, If anybody is aware of a 50/52 carbon bike for sale pls let me know. Prefably in Jhb/Pta area.